Thread: Stomach pains and gurgling

Stomach pains and gurgling

For about two months now I have had a constant uneasy feeling in my stomach. It's not painful as such. It's more like bloating and always passing wind and feeling like I need to poo. Also my stomach is always growling and bubbling most of the day.

In addition I have on two occasions noticed the smallest little red pieces in my stools. I'm not sure they are blood as they look like bits of food. But it could be blood. I've started to worry a little this could be bowel cancer or some form of cancer. But I did recently hear of an ex colleague who passed away from this. So it could be my mind putting 2 and 2 together.

Re: Stomach pains and gurgling

Quote Originally Posted by Manc12 View Post
    For about two months now I have had a constant uneasy feeling in my stomach. It's not painful as such. It's more like bloating and always passing wind and feeling like I need to poo. Also my stomach is always growling and bubbling most of the day.

In addition I have on two occasions noticed the smallest little red pieces in my stools. I'm not sure they are blood as they look like bits of food. But it could be blood. I've started to worry a little this could be bowel cancer or some form of cancer. But I did recently hear of an ex colleague who passed away from this. So it could be my mind putting 2 and 2 together.
    Stress can cause this, did it come on after your ex colleague passed away? It could be IBS or even H-Pylori (a bacterium) that can be detected by a blood test, it would certainly be worth a trip to the Dr to test for this, it is easily treated.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Stress can cause this, did it come on after your ex colleague passed away? It could be IBS or even H-Pylori (a bacterium) that can be detected by a blood test, it would certainly be worth a trip to the Dr to test for this, it is easily treated.
    Cheers wise monkey. I wasn't too close to the ex colleague. I just heard about it so I'm not sure it was that. But I do have a habit of hearing or reading of illnesses then developing symptoms.

I'll try and get in the docs should it continue. But it's more the bubbling and noises that are annoying. The blood in stools isn't that concerning as I'm not even sure it was blood, it did look more like undigested food.

Quote Originally Posted by Manc12 View Post

I was just wandering if you have acid reflux and that you take PPI's for that? I know you didn't mention it and you probably don't, but just in case you do there is a connection.

Sounds more like IBS to me but that's just my opinion.

Thread Information