Thread: Sudden weird feeling in chest?

Sudden weird feeling in chest?

I was just eating lunch and had a sudden weird feeling in my chest. My heart felt fluttery and my chest felt tight. Almost like my heart stopped. I tried to take my pulse and couldn’t find it. It lasted about ten seconds then I started panicking and my heart started pounding and I couldn’t breath.

Was this a panic attack? the whole thing only lasted about 1 minute. Maybe it’s something to do with not eating since last night?

Re: Sudden weird feeling in chest?

Sounds like anxiety to me. If your heart actually stopped for 10 full seconds, you would know it. In fact, brain activity ceases in about ten seconds, your heart was fine, you were panicking and that is all there is to it.

Re: Sudden weird feeling in chest?

Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Thread Information