Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else seen this?

Has anyone else seen this?

Heal on Netflix?

just wondered what you all thought?

Re: Has anyone else seen this?

I haven't watched that documentary, but it's something that I truly believe in. The connection between mind and body is far stronger than most people realise. You cannot treat one badly and expect the other to flourish.

Conversely, I saw a massive improvement in my mental health when I decided to start eating properly and also NOT eating as often (I fast 16-18 hours most days).

I was talking with the misses just a few days ago and realised that I haven't been ill since I started fasting, which is now more than 2.5 years. I can catch what other people have, but my body shrugs it off in hours rather than days.

I could prattle on for days talking about this kind of thing....

It blows my mind and something i believe in also, i fast often, im not a massive eater, never have been, interesting you have had that experience.
    really good programme! highly recommend it

I will watch it for sure.

Update: EVERYONE should watch this!
    totally shifted my thinking for sure

Well damn! All I got is HULU and they don't seem to have it. Bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Update: EVERYONE should watch this!
    totally shifted my thinking for sure
    Thanks for the tip Phoenix I'll have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I haven't watched that documentary, but it's something that I truly believe in. The connection between mind and body is far stronger than most people realise. You cannot treat one badly and expect the other to flourish.

Conversely, I saw a massive improvement in my mental health when I decided to start eating properly and also NOT eating as often (I fast 16-18 hours most days).

I was talking with the misses just a few days ago and realised that I haven't been ill since I started fasting, which is now more than 2.5 years. I can catch what other people have, but my body shrugs it off in hours rather than days.

I could prattle on for days talking about this kind of thing....
    Dude, I thought I was mad. I also fast most days too and I find once you get used to doing it your mental health and clarity improves a lot. I've had the 1 illness this year but as you know been under heavy stress past month. There's definitely something about fasting.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Dude, I thought I was mad. I also fast most days too and I find once you get used to doing it your mental health and clarity improves a lot. I've had the 1 illness this year but as you know been under heavy stress past month. There's definitely something about fasting.
    The only thing to watch with fasting is that too long, too often and your body will start pumping out adrenaline. Sometimes I can feel a bit jittery after about 18-20 hours, but I can handle it now because I know what to expect. But yes, the key to fasting is autophagy. Digestion hammers your resources, and not having to digest allows all sorts of things to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    The only thing to watch with fasting is that too long, too often and your body will start pumping out adrenaline. Sometimes I can feel a bit jittery after about 18-20 hours, but I can handle it now because I know what to expect. But yes, the key to fasting is autophagy. Digestion hammers your resources, and not having to digest allows all sorts of things to heal.
    I went a little too far with my fasting recently and ended up giving myself stomach migraines and headaches, trying to re balance myself, people often say i dont eat enough, i assure you i do! and i am overweight but sometimes i push myself a little too far. (lost a stone since august so im pleased about that )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information