Thread: Insomnia

Insomnia

The last 2 days i haven’t slept a wink. Yesterday at work was a nightmare because I didn’t get any sleep, i drank coffee to stay up and was having a panic attack, and the store i work at was ridiculously busy for Valentine’s Day, I ended up having a mental breakdown. I was so focused on trying to sleep yesterday night, and anxious about what was going to happen if I didn’t, that i didn’t end up getting any sleep for the second night in a row. I had to call in sick for work this morning because I was so tired. I did end up getting some sleep after calling in sick, probably 3/4 hours, but i’m very frustrated with myself.

It could be that i’m having insomnia because i’m pmsing, as my birth control is on the last week of pills. As i’ve mentioned before in other posts, birth control can seriously hinder my sleep, ive noticed i have trouble sleeping when i get off of it and get back on it again. I’m sure part of the reason why i haven’t been sleeping is because i’m so focused on trying to sleep, i end up not sleeping at all. It’s something that i’m familiar with as when in high school when i first started having panic attacks, my heart pounding would distract me from trying to sleep, and i’d end up not sleeping, then getting worse anxiety the next day because i was exhausted. Then the next night i’d end up not sleeping because i’d be trying so hard to sleep it’d be counterproductive, and i’d have to stay home from school because i’d be so exhausted, only getting some sleep midday.

I’m much better now as my meds are great, and i’m only so anxious because i lost it yesterday at work, but a small part of me (the anxious part) keeps repeating, “what if i never sleep again?” “what if i die?” “what if i have fatal familial insomnia?” and so on. But i will say (and i don’t wanna jinx it!) that the fact that i sleep at least a little today makes me feel better. I probably just need to stop overthinking it. But i’m willing to take any advice you guys have for me.

Re: Insomnia

Quote Originally Posted by Slsheeba567 View Post
    The last 2 days i haven’t slept a wink. Yesterday at work was a nightmare because I didn’t get any sleep, i drank coffee to stay up and was having a panic attack, and the store i work at was ridiculously busy for Valentine’s Day, I ended up having a mental breakdown. I was so focused on trying to sleep yesterday night, and anxious about what was going to happen if I didn’t, that i didn’t end up getting any sleep for the second night in a row. I had to call in sick for work this morning because I was so tired. I did end up getting some sleep after calling in sick, probably 3/4 hours, but i’m very frustrated with myself.

It could be that i’m having insomnia because i’m pmsing, as my birth control is on the last week of pills. As i’ve mentioned before in other posts, birth control can seriously hinder my sleep, ive noticed i have trouble sleeping when i get off of it and get back on it again. I’m sure part of the reason why i haven’t been sleeping is because i’m so focused on trying to sleep, i end up not sleeping at all. It’s something that i’m familiar with as when in high school when i first started having panic attacks, my heart pounding would distract me from trying to sleep, and i’d end up not sleeping, then getting worse anxiety the next day because i was exhausted. Then the next night i’d end up not sleeping because i’d be trying so hard to sleep it’d be counterproductive, and i’d have to stay home from school because i’d be so exhausted, only getting some sleep midday.

I’m much better now as my meds are great, and i’m only so anxious because i lost it yesterday at work, but a small part of me (the anxious part) keeps repeating, “what if i never sleep again?” “what if i die?” “what if i have fatal familial insomnia?” and so on. But i will say (and i don’t wanna jinx it!) that the fact that i sleep at least a little today makes me feel better. I probably just need to stop overthinking it. But i’m willing to take any advice you guys have for me.
    You won't die from insomnia. Yes, it sucks but you won't die. Typically they give you medication like Trazadone to help.

Have you ever tried zzquil? I take about 1/2 of a dose and it's enough to help me sleep without totally knocking me out.

I’m gonna try to see if i can sleep fine tonight before i try anything, but honestly i don’t have much hope they’ll work anyways. In high school when i had insomnia one time my mom gave me a strong sleeping pill and i still managed to stay awake all night.

Happy to say that i slept fine last night!

Thread Information