Thread: Anxiety and asthma is a nightmare

Anxiety and asthma is a nightmare

Hi all

So I'm nearly 3 weeks with out smoking so that's really good I'm also going to the gym 3-4 days a week and that's going ok. The fear and focus on my breathing is still there but I'm trying to push through it, I'm on 200/6 symbicort on the smart regime and that's hit and miss but mainly because I forget to take it at the same time every day consistently I'm not sure if this will have a bad effect or not also on montelukast but again I sometimes forget to take it. I'm trying to loose weight as I'm overweight and carrying an extra 20 to 25kg but that's hard.

Any diet tips or how you have improved your asthma will be great, sometimes hearing others success stories rather than the bad can be real motivation

Thank you

Re: Anxiety and asthma is a nightmare

IMO, starting out with remembering to take your meds as prescribed would be the first step Congrats on quitting smoking!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Tight throat, mucus and blocked nose

Hi all

So I feel like my breathing is restricted again, I always seem to have a tight throat and I do have a lot of mucus in my throat and every day my nose is blocked. Its briving me mad

Could this all effect the asthma? Doctors have said I'm not wheezy and my chest sounds clear and I did have a chest xray and that was ok to.

It's just so frustrating:(

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Tight throat, mucus and blocked nose

Quote Originally Posted by Jcedw123 View Post
    Hi all

So I feel like my breathing is restricted again, I always seem to have a tight throat and I do have a lot of mucus in my throat and every day my nose is blocked. Its briving me mad

Could this all effect the asthma? Doctors have said I'm not wheezy and my chest sounds clear and I did have a chest xray and that was ok to.

It's just so frustrating:(
    Anxiety can make you feel like you cant breathe, but perhaps this time it's a case of catching a cold?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey just want to share with you my experience, I quit smoking about three months ago, towards the end of the first month I started feeling crazy congested, I had wheezing, chest tightness, cough, shortness of breath, and my anxiety got much worse due to that. The good news is, it all went away towards the end of the second month without smoking, and now I feel great. It was my lungs just getting used to work without all the smoke from the cigarettes, it starts expelling mucus build up that got stuck there from smoking and that can cause all different types of sensations, relax take your medicine and everything will be just fine

Thread Information