Thread: Bloody nose?

Bloody nose?

In my neverending list of sinus worries, I've recently been having blood in my nose. I never usually get blood in my nose like this, maybe scabs, but a lot of this stuff is bright red. It goes away after about a minute, and it's mostly when I blow or stick a tissue up my nostril (not enough to drip on its own), but it's been nearly every day now. I feel like I'm getting sick with worry over this stuff, like there's just a tumor up there bleeding away. Has anyone else had a lot of blood in their nose and had it turn out to be nothing serious? I've been freaking out about this for days now, so anything would be appreciated.

Re: Bloody nose?

I get this sometimes, if I've blown my nose too much or irritated it I get blood and sometimes full on nose bleeds its nothing to worry about

I had the flu last week and blew my nose so hard for so many days, yeah on two different occasions I blew out a big glob of blood. Hasn’t happened since, I just chalked it up to blowing so hard! They say that can be bad for your sinuses anyway so maybe try to blow more gently?

Thank you both, I appreciate the responses. It's just been a bit tough for me lately, as I've had congestion in my nose for months, so I'm automatically assuming the worst. I had a little more blood in my nose when I woke up a few hours ago, and again a few minutes ago. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I blow, or if I'm just sticking a piece of tissue in there to clean it when it happens. But both were nothing more than a few droplets on paper that dried out quickly, so I'm not really sure what to think. I want to chalk it up to a crummy sinus infection or dry air, but it's just so stressful.

Your last post described me for the last couple months. Mine is attributable to the dry weather, and I live in a desert as well, it really takes a toll on the sinuses.

Hi Robin are you still having problems with your sinuses just wondered how you are getting on

Quote Originally Posted by lees6655 View Post
    Hi Robin are you still having problems with your sinuses just wondered how you are getting on
    He hasn't logged on since February.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just incase others are reading this. Steroid nasal sprays (hey fever sprays) give me nose bleeds.

Thread Information