Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going out of my mind. Is this really anxiety?

Is this all anxiety?

Hey. Not commented on here for a while but still struggling with a lot of issues and just wondering if anyone can empathise. Had neck and arm problems since summer. My neck isnt so much of a problem now however I have tennis elbow / tendonitis in both my forearms which I cant shake off. Last month I started getting lower back pain and sciatica like symptoms in both legs. I had loads of blood tests done they all came back fine and an MRI of my neck and lower back. Nothing too exciting was found just some disc and joint degeneration in both neck and lumbar spine but nothing too out of the ordinary for my age (32). However last few weeks my legs have been ridiculously tight. I mean like struggling to do things now. Given that I have issues with my arms and legs now I worry about the nasty neurological conditions however I've had the arm thing since July so assume I would have some real clinical weakness by now if that was the case and also think MRI would have spotted any signs of MS at least. It's just hard to accept this is all anxiety based. The doctor has put me on mirtazapine which is the first medication I've ever really had but this is how bad my anxiety has been. I went for a run tonight to prove I could still run really and probably did 2-3 miles so my stamina is fine but my legs were just so tight through out it was hard work. The thing that is annoying me now is I keep telling myself the muscle stiffness is just down to my mental state but that doesnt help it go away, it just doesnt seem to be budging. I've seen physios, had massages etc. and still incredibly tight. Can anyone relate? Has anyone had this much full body issues simply through anxiety?

Re: Is this all anxiety?

Hi Adam

Everytime I have a serious setback In my anxiety my full body goes tight and aches , especially my legs feels like I’m walking through mud

I genuinely believe it’s all anxiety which is obviously taking its toll on our bodies

Re: Is this all anxiety?

Thanks mate. I've searched a few threads and it seems to be common. It's just been going on for so long now. Trying to monitor my legs and see how much I tense them and see if it helps by releasing this tension. Thanks for the reply.

Muscle Pain

I've been on Mirtazapine 15mg dose for about 3 to 4 weeks now. I've had lots of the usual side effects. Sleeping much better but increased appetite, weird dreams, sinus issues, bit of constipation but I've also been getting pains in my legs. Its lower legs around calves and front of the shins. Some days are better than others but wondered if anyone else has experienced this? I've never been on medication for anxiety before this so it's all new to me. Google says muscle pain is a side effect but it doesnt seem to be common. As well as that I twitch more now as well. I know anxiety causes twitches anyway but just a bit more widespread. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Muscle Pain

These are listed mirtazapine side-effects. Most are relatively common, though muscle pain is usually less so especially at such a low dose. You could try a magnesium supplement. It might help with the twitch too. Can't guarantee it will work for either, but there is a good chance it will and it may help with anxiety too. I've taken magnesium for years for muscle cramps. You may find these threads useful:

Terry - MyNameIsTerry - is the bloke to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks mate albeit I'm a bit worried now that the muscle pains might be caused by something else. I do take magnesium so maybe it's time to up the dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I'm a bit worried now that the muscle pains might be caused by something else.
    Mirtazapine is the most likely cause, but if in doubt get it checked out, Adam.

Right leg vibration. Tight sore legs.

Hi people. I am having this vibration type feeling in my lower right leg kind of like where my Achilles tendon is. It's like a light slow vibration kind of like a mobile phone but weaker. I had it last Saturday after sitting down in the car whilst my son was sleeping. Tuesday night whilst sitting down watching football. And today i woke up with it. In addition to that I have had chronically tight and sore lower legs on both sides, so calf and shin muscles. I searched on here and it seems like it has been raised but it isn't common. I would put it down to anxiety (obviously I'm an anxious person why else would I be on this website ha) but I've not been as anxious this past week. I have started taking Mirtazapine 15mg for the last 3 or 4 weeks and is my first venture in to medication for anxiety so it could be that. I also get all over body twitches and have done for some time but they've been worse recently, again I think I can put this down to the meds. The past 6 months has been the worst my anxiety has been with various ailments from neck and tennis elbow issues to throat infections and then to lower back and sciatica type issues. I saw the doctor on Wednesday and he didn't examine me but I have had other practitioners examine me at the practice as well as countless blood tests and MRI on neck and back (which came back ok no nerve compression just degenerative discs and joints) and he said 'I dont think we've missed anything here, I dont think theres any multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy or motor neuron disease going on'. Hes experienced doctor and seems a very good one so I believe him but then when I start getting weird things like this it plays on my mind. Can someone shed light on what it is? Is it still my overactive nervous system? Like I said I've been ok recently and not felt nearly as nervous so assumed it was the meds but I'm not sure. This as well as the chronically sore legs is bugging me. Thank you.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Yeah I mentioned it on Wednesday and he didn't seem too concerned with my physical symptoms he was focusing more on the anxiety so I assume he thinks its that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information