Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going out of my mind. Is this really anxiety?

Re: Muscle Pain

I get this exact sensation - the cell phone vibration/buzzing feeling. I just went through a bad few weeks of anxiety after being great for almost a year and this happened to me in both my legs. It also came on near the tail end of the anxiety flair, I think when my body was starting to settle down. I've also found that it's one of the absolute most sensitive sensations when it comes to being psychosomatic. I'm 100% not messing with you when I say that as soon as I started typing to you about it, my left leg started to buzz even though I've not had the feeling in about a week now. It's amazing what the mind can do.

Hi Erin. Thank you so much for your reply. This has helped relieve my worries a little. It's very unnerving if you've never had the sensation before but if I know other people have had through anxiety then I'll try not to worry. The stiff legs I can put down to anxiety and newly prescribed meds too I think.

Yes - the first time I had it, it was a spot on my foot that would not stop buzzing. It is very unnerving for sure! But, after some research and time I realized it had to be anxiety. And, I had completely forgotten about/never felt it again until just recently when the anxiety came back. I hope you start to feel better soon!

Thank you Erin.

So this leg vibration thing reared its ugly head last night. I had a busy day travelling by air and then doing a lot of walking but last night at like 6 or 7 it started up again. Carried on all night, managed to get to sleep and then woke at 4am and it is still going. My right leg around my Achilles just feels like its purring kind of like a slow vibrating pulse. I'm not even anxious and have been pretty good with my anxiety recently albeit this is testing that. What is it and how do I make it stop?

No idea what's going on. Restless legs?

I'm at a loss as to what is up with me and really struggling to believe it is all anxiety related.

I've had numerous issues in the last 7 months from neck to arm problems and back problems. MRI of neck and back showed degeneration of disc and facet joints but no nerve compression but I have had issues with my legs for nearly 2 months now. Aches, pains etc but what has been happening in the last 3 weeks I just doubt is anxiety. I was prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg in December and took it for 4 weeks and was convinced it was causing my legs to be more painful and giving me a vibration type sensation in my right calf so I stopped taking them Friday before last so I've been off them for 12 days. Not sure if my issues are from them or withdrawal but now my legs at night are so restless. They tremble, twitch and ache and I struggle to sleep. I could just put this down to restless legs but my lower legs especially my right the veins keep popping out like varicose veins and I never had this before its been going on on and off for 3 or 4 weeks now. My calves are chronically tight, again especially on the right hand side. I dunno if this is circulation issue or what I've had countless blood tests which all came back normal at beginning of December I had a normal ECG in October. Its driving me crazy. I keep telling myself its anxiety but my anxiety has been under control until last week and I doubt it can cause my veins to show. Can anyone help / sympathise / shed some light? I'm gonna call my doctor later on and have a phone consultation and see what he says.

Re: No idea what's going on. Restless legs?

I have RLS (Restless legs syndrome) and have been on Mirapex for years. RLS makes your legs incredibly jumpy and you can’t keep them still. What you describe doesn’t sound like RLS at all. My guess is that your anxiety and tension is creating the tension you describe. Take care.

Thanks for your reply Beach Lady. No nowhere near that bad at all however I know there are varying degrees and I'd be open to it being anxiety related but my anxiety has been pretty good recently albeit these issues have changed that. I dont think anxiety can cause the vein issue though.

I wonder if the mirtazipine is the culprit, exacerbated by stopping it cold turkey, and also exacerbated by the anxiety you’re feeling over the symptoms. Normally you don’t stop any psychotropic medication cold turkey if you’ve been on it for 4 weeks. In addition to being a retired mental health practitioner, I also have bipolar disorder and have been on most psychotropic meds known to man.

It did occur to me that that might be the case but I thought it was unlikely as i was on a low dose and not for a great length of time but I was getting a lot of side effects from being on them which is why I had to stop so it cant be ruled out and seems like one of the most plausible reasons. You can probably see from my other posts i was getting leg pains, vibration sensations in legs and what not whilst i was on them and i did read restless legs is a side effect of Mirtazapine. It wasnt as bad last night so I'll see how it goes and hope for the best. Thanks for your help

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information