Thread: Greetings to All

Greetings to All

Greetings to everyone here. I haven't posted in a long time. A quick scan of my previous posts indicate that I haven't posted in almost 7 years. Even so, this forum remains close to my heart.

Life is different now than when I first found this site. At one point, there were so many places that I could not go without experiencing increased anxiety resulting in severe panic attacks. Sleep was often elusive and my mind never seemed to slow down. There were times when I just wanted to give up. During those times, I found hope here.

By the time I posted last in 2013, the worst was behind me. Feeling better was all still so new that I was hesitant to say that the worst would not be back. Indeed there have been times since then when I would enjoy days or weeks in which I almost felt normal, only to have another strong panic attack. Even so, that was better than the way things were in the 2008-2012 period.

These days, the mind racing, the sensation of feeling out of sync with the world, or feeling as if I'm about to lose consciousness are rare. My panic attacks are much weaker and happen so infrequently now that they are almost a novelty rather than the norm. I'm still taking some medication, but very little and only when I feel as if it's necessary.

Locally, I pretty much go where I want these days without having to plan each outing with the precision of a military operation. Many years back, I thought nothing of driving by myself for 8 hours straight to get to a destination. I'm not quite back up to that, but in the last couple of years I have gone on trips with loved ones and done at least a couple of hours of driving at a time. I hope to build on that this autumn when a loved one and I plan on taking a short vacation to the coast.

My point in posting today is to encourage those who may feel as if things will never get better to not give up. As we all know, there's no one cure that's a magic bullet for all of us. We sometimes have to kiss quite a few frogs before finding what helps us. If you're feeling discouraged today, remember that tomorrow could bring something new that helps you move forward with greater ease and more confidence.

In the meantime, do make the most of this forum. During my darkest days, it was truly a lifeline for me. I hope it's doing the same for you.

Best wishes for all.

Mike

Re: Greetings to All

Well done so glad you are feeling so much better now..

it is always amazing when people come back to tell us how they are doing... so thank you for that, glad the forum helped you so much.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Greetings to All

So kind of you to take the time to make that post. I’m so pleased you are doing well.

Thread Information