Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knocks at door?

Knocks at door?

I was downstairs with my mum and there were 3-4 loud knocks on the front door

My mum went to answer it like 15-30 seconds after (probably the former)

and there was no one there

I've read that hearing 3 knocks can be a sign of death/bad luck

Or maybe our house has been marked by killers who are gonna break in

I looked out the window like 1 min after the knock and saw two people walking away in the distance, they were only visible from this particular window as it was behind another house up the road, and they looked like two males so maybe they were two of either of my 2 sisters' friends?

But I'm quite worried

Re: Knocks at door?

Hearing knocks at a door means that someone has knocked at the door (or the neighbours door) ..... and absolutely nothing else

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

There is absolutely nothing to worry about here - someone knocked on the door - no big deal really.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Toby, god forgive me for answering your absolute bilge, but what have you been watching now?

killers who knock the door, don`t wait for an answer then walk off? Has someone put a hit on you or your mum? Did you once upset a mafia don by blathering on about rectal cancer until he decided to have you taken out?

charity collectors, jehovahs witnesses, kids wanting oddjobs for pocket money, neighbours needing help, travellers hawking for gardening work - any number of possibilities really.

what are you worried about exactly this time? and if you really thought that 3 knocks signify death or bad luck, why the bloody hell did you let your poor long suffering mum go to answer it?

As always this sounds more like boredom and an over active mind has bitten you on the arse my friend

and not to give you more to think about, but chalk marks outside your house, beer bottles left randomly by your gate, or post left half out of your letterbox to see if anyone takes it in tend to be signs your house is being watched or targeted.

Sleep tight

Wow...this is pretty paranoid. Are you agoraphobic, Toby?

This happens from time to time in most neighbourhoods and can be a bit scary at night, however it is what it is and that's it! You have to see it as such and stop yourself from slipping into magical thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I heard it means someone is in love with you!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Toby, can you see how this might be construed as being a bit irrational?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post

Wherever you read that, don't go to that place again.

Wherever you read that, don't go to that place again.
    Yeah Someone knocked the door, it means someone knocked the door, as has been said above. It happens - people make a mistake (wrong house ?), people do it to be annoying (they do round this way) or any number of possibilities. I know you don't like having a lack of a concrete reason for things, and then instantly jump to paranoia and delusions (if thats the right term), but just like everything else you need to rationalise and come up with other likely possibilites. This is something that comes up with you now and again e.g. the toy from your Grandpa that made a noise in the night. Sometimes we need to accept that we won't know why something happens - this is something that I have problems with too - and just presume it as non-sinister and 'one of those things'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information