Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knocks at door?

Re: Knocks at door?

I'm quite a 'magical thinker'/superstisious, so I was scared that it was a sign of something horrible... just like I do with every small thing that happens like that

I'm still here today, so I guess it wasn't a sign

At the time myself and my mum thought it was a delivery or something but then no one was there

Nope I'm not agoraphobic

are you on any medication or supplements for your anxiety Toby? I only ask because I remember way back when I was badly troubled with depression and anxiety I`d see everything as a sign of death or serious bad luck.

and I mean as silly as someone dying who had the same first name as any family member, someone famous dying who I was a fan of, getting ill on someones birthday, I would try to make links and sense of it all, I suppose a form of magical thinking but I didn`t know the term back then

have you heard of tapping where you tap acupressure points while humming or reciting an affirmation? that really helped me and has been found to help with all manner of mental health problems

worth a try

please don`t instantly come back and tell me why you can`t or won`t try it, I`m just making possibly a final attempt to give a crap, don`t throw it back at me

good luck, you can get better but not by blogging trivial cak for the fun of it

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    are you on any medication or supplements for your anxiety Toby? I only ask because I remember way back when I was badly troubled with depression and anxiety I`d see everything as a sign of death or serious bad luck.

and I mean as silly as someone dying who had the same first name as any family member, someone famous dying who I was a fan of, getting ill on someones birthday, I would try to make links and sense of it all, I suppose a form of magical thinking but I didn`t know the term back then

have you heard of tapping where you tap acupressure points while humming or reciting an affirmation? that really helped me and has been found to help with all manner of mental health problems

worth a try

please don`t instantly come back and tell me why you can`t or won`t try it, I`m just making possibly a final attempt to give a crap, don`t throw it back at me

good luck, you can get better but not by blogging trivial cak for the fun of it
    I'm on sertraline. They've definitely helped a lot, I think I'd be worse than this if I didn't have them

I'm the same with magical thinking... sometimes if I don't do something a certain number of times it leads me to believe that something bad will happen, if I don't perform a 'ritual' then I can't relax. My mum's dad died when she was 14 so AGES ago I thought she'd die when I was 14, continuing some sort of generational pattern. And a random seemingly broken device in my room started making noises a couple of years ago which I thought was my granddad telling me that I had cancer

I will try that. I think my problem is that I run to the forum too quickly because it's my safe zone. Next time I'll try not to make a thread and let the anxiety simmer down

Thanks for the insight

The technique is called thought field therapy theres allsorts online about it. I totally get the safe zone bit, years back I had a particular end of the sofa where I would be ok.

Keep talking and opening up on here and it'll all come together in time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information