Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about lymphoma

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Worried about lymphoma

Hi guys,

Feeling a bit scared about lymphoma.

Over two weeks ago-ish I noticed a lump on my neck. It's sort of hard and moveable, and pretty big - you can see it sticking out. It doesn't hurt.

About a week later, a similar one came up in the submandible area. This one was a bit more tender and perhaps even bigger.

I wasn't that worried but my mum was concerned by the size of the lumps so I went to the doctor.

She was a bit surprised by the size too, but said "well, they feel like normal reactive lymph nodes" and said she'd expect them to start going down now. She wrote down that one was 1.5cm, which doesn't sound that big.

They haven't gone away, so I'm going for a full blood count.

So yeah not feeling great about this one.

I don't have any other symptoms at the moment, apart from a bit of general malaise.

Re: Worried about lymphoma

You're doing the right thing by getting them checked out, so often it's nothing other than reactive, unfortunately it's going to take a little time before you have answers and that van be hard.

How are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    You're doing the right thing by getting them checked out, so often it's nothing other than reactive, unfortunately it's going to take a little time before you have answers and that van be hard.

How are you doing?
    Thanks Nancy, I'm doing ok.

The doctor wrote: "reactive LN R side neck 2wks,not unwell
    Examination: mouth nad,ears ok, R sn LN sl tender & larger one 1.5cm beside SM m,well in self
    Diagnosis: expect to settle,blds if persisting next wk"

I'm going to have full blood count, CRP, and plasma viscosity.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thanks Nancy, I'm doing ok.

The doctor wrote: "reactive LN R side neck 2wks,not unwell
    Examination: mouth nad,ears ok, R sn LN sl tender & larger one 1.5cm beside SM m,well in self
    Diagnosis: expect to settle,blds if persisting next wk"

I'm going to have full blood count, CRP, and plasma viscosity.
    "Well", "NAD" "OK" "Expect to settle"..These are the positives from the GP's report. Please don't catastrophise and think about your imminent death..You've done this before.

You will have to wait for the blood test results but I take it they are routine bloods and not urgent? It's always awful waiting but you must take it one step at a time and see what the results say? No point in needless speculation when you have no proof that anything awful is the matter, just horrible uncertainty because you don't know.

I want to add a photo but I don't know how!

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I want to add a photo but I don't know how!
    Probably best not to post a photo per admin but that said, based on what the doctor said, sounds like CYA medicine to me.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Probably best not to post a photo per admin but that said, based on what the doctor said, sounds like CYA medicine to me.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fish, and I hope you're right. I know that you really have gone through ENT cancer, so appreciate your input.

I really wasn't worried about it at all, but now it's been over two weeks and I still have these big lumps - one of which is visibly protruding from my neck. Today it's really sort of hit me and I'm kind of freaking out. Mainly the thought of how it would affect my parents. My mum only has me. It really does destroy me to think of that.

I hope it's nothing, for my parents' sake.

Also, not sure why the doctor wrote 'tender' because they're not. The one under my jaw was a bit, but barely at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "Well", "NAD" "OK" "Expect to settle"..These are the positives from the GP's report. Please don't catastrophise and think about your imminent death..You've done this before.

You will have to wait for the blood test results but I take it they are routine bloods and not urgent? It's always awful waiting but you must take it one step at a time and see what the results say? No point in needless speculation when you have no proof that anything awful is the matter, just horrible uncertainty because you don't know.
    Thanks Pulisa - I'm having the bloods tomorrow so I might even get the results this week. I guess they'll be looking at white blood cells and platelets mainly. And we'll take it from there.

Well done. I know it's hard but one step at a time.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information