Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about lymphoma

Re: Worried about lymphoma

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Ok. You're probably right. I just want these lumps to go away. The one in my jaw is quite uncomfortable. I feel a bit ill. I hope they go away soon.
    Personally, I'd wait a couple of weeks, then ask for an u/s. I had mine for several weeks then got an u/s and then the node went down the next week. There are lots of things that affect lymph nodes coming up and down.

BTW have you ever had your autoimmune antibodies (ANA's ENA's) tested? Sometimes they reveal interesting info (sometimes not). I'm not suggesting you have autoimmune stuff going on but it can cause lymph nodes to come up and down. However there are usually other symptoms going on like extreme fatigue, muscle aches etc. Please don't worry about this though, both my daughters have autoimmune issues (as well as myself) and we all function normally.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Personally, I'd wait a couple of weeks, then ask for an u/s. I had mine for several weeks then got an u/s and then the node went down the next week. There are lots of things that affect lymph nodes coming up and down.

BTW have you ever had your autoimmune antibodies (ANA's ENA's) tested? Sometimes they reveal interesting info (sometimes not). I'm not suggesting you have autoimmune stuff going on but it can cause lymph nodes to come up and down. However there are usually other symptoms going on like extreme fatigue, muscle aches etc. Please don't worry about this though, both my daughters have autoimmune issues (as well as myself) and we all function normally.
    Thanks Wise. Yes, perhaps an ultrasound in a couple of weeks would be good.

I do have an autoimmune inflammatory issue which is the cause of my and my mother's recurrent miscarriages. It doesn't manifest in any other way, though - just the miscarriages and odd hormone levels such as prolactin, and high ESR - but normal CRP. The oral steroids amongst other immune suppressing medication should help with that next time I'm pregnant. ANA and lupus and all that stuff is normal.

I don't think that's causing these enlarged nodes, though. I don't know what is :(

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thanks Wise. Yes, perhaps an ultrasound in a couple of weeks would be good.

I do have an autoimmune inflammatory issue which is the cause of my and my mother's recurrent miscarriages. It doesn't manifest in any other way, though - just the miscarriages and odd hormone levels such as prolactin, and high ESR - but normal CRP. The oral steroids amongst other immune suppressing medication should help with that next time I'm pregnant. ANA and lupus and all that stuff is normal.

I don't think that's causing these enlarged nodes, though. I don't know what is :(
    My lymph node (submandibular) came out of nowhere and a few weeks later I had a raised rash over my body (upper chest and back, arms and legs), which I think is a mast cell issue (MCAS). My Dr gave me prednisone which resolved the rash, but if it had reappeared I would have had a biopsy. MCAS is another autoimmune issue and they can just pop up whenever!!

You can have various autoimmune conditions and be sero-negative for ANA's/ENA's. This is the case with me.

PS. lymphoma involving the submandibular is extremely rare, I think you're is infection or an autoimmune response. Try not to worry too much

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    lymphoma involving the submandibular is extremely rare, I think you're is infection or an autoimmune response. Try not to worry too much
    Ah, that's good - I didn't know that!

Unfortunately, my submandibular one has grown and now looks like this:

IMG_20200221_081755.jpg

For some reason you can't see the other one from this angle, but it's still there - no smaller, and possibly even bigger.

I really think I should go back to the doctor. For antibiotics if nothing else.

I did see the doctor again (sorry guys). She was quite surprised the lumps hadn't resolved. She says we'll give it one more week and then she'll do a 2-week referral to ENT.

I did say outright I was worried about lymphoma, and she said she didn't think it was that. However, her reasoning was that the size of the lumps had 'switched'. She thinks the submandibular one has got bigger (it has) and the neck one has got smaller (it hasn't, she's wrong, but I didn't say that).

So now I just have to wait another week, then another two weeks, then hopefully I'll get some answers 😬

I keep thinking about having to tell my parents if it's bad news, and it's really upsetting me. The thought of their pain is beginning to make me panic a bit. I feel like I'm going to start crying.

Remember your thought patterns last time..

Are the 2 swollen glands on the same side?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Remember your thought patterns last time..
    I know, you're right, and it is that same sort of anxiety... but it sort of seems this time as though logically things are pointing towards lymphoma. I've had these enlarged nodes for around three weeks now and they're getting bigger for no reason. I know it is easy to be blinded by HA but to me it just seems like lymphoma is almost the most logical diagnosis based on the symptoms. But I accept I might just be crazy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Are the 2 swollen glands on the same side?
    Yes, they're both on the right side.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information