Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about lymphoma

Re: Worried about lymphoma

Me too. I do hope you get some clarity and an expert professional opinion which you can accept.

Hope everything goes well today.

Crossing everything for you!

Thanks. Looking forward to my diazepam.

I had a dream that an ENT clinic on a train scanned the lumps. They scanned the submandibular lump first and said it was full of bird flu. If it ruptured I'd turn into a sort of zombie and start biting and infecting everyone. That might happen even if it didn't rupture.

The other lump was cancer.

I got really worried that the bird flu would suddenly take me over and I'd attack my mother.

Well, I'm here and waiting. Loaded up on diazepam and codeine for the potential biopsy pain (don't worry, I never take this stuff, it was left over from my hysteroscopy and I didn't even take it then) so at this precise moment I'm feeling quite relaxed. Just need this high to carry on for the next hours.

So that was deeply unsatisfactory. He felt the nodes and said that they were suspicious, particularly since there were two of them.

However, because he can't be 100% sure of cancer he can't refer me immediately for a scan and biopsy. I have to wait another two weeks. He would not say either way whether he suspected cancer or not.

I am not good at waiting. I know I should be stronger, more robust, more resilient, but I'm not. It's like a shroud tightly around me and I cannot escape.

Obviously I will be making phone calls to try to speed up the appointment.

For now I feel ok due to the diazapan and codeine, and I'm going to try to take advantage of that and eat. I know in a few hours it will have worn off.

This needs resolution, one way or another.

Please don't beat yourself up over this? It's an awful situation and anybody would be terrified in your position.

I'm sorry it went so badly.

Sorry to hear you didn't get any answers today. I think anyone would feel the same in this situation, and waiting is the hardest part. I would do exactly the same and try to expedite the next appointment. It doesn't make you weak, it makes you human.

When I was going through my journey, the doctor felt the nodes in my neck were suspicious. I went through two rounds of antibiotics over the course of 6 weeks. After they did nothing and the nodes actually measurably grew, it was an immediate scan (within hours) and an appointment with an ENT for a biopsy within 5 days. I asked the ENT if he thought it was cancer. The ENT didn't pull any punches saying he believed it was cancer. He just didn't know what kind. The biopsy confirmed it and determined the type.

Its actually encouraging that they're waiting as doctors, if they're really that concerned, would not hesitate to refer you.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

That's really some shit. 🤬😡
    I knew you wouldn't have a definite answer but felt sure you'd have make progress today. I am sorry.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information