Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about lymphoma

Re: Worried about lymphoma

Great news! You handled everything like a champ! I’ve been keeping tabs on the thread but everyone had given you excellent advice so I didn’t have anything more to add before. I have been thinking of you though! I’m so happy for you!! Go and celebrate!

Thanks so much everyone 🙂 I just fell asleep for two hours as soon as I got home.

I was just so sure it had to be lymphoma. Not even in a HA way, just based on all these very convincing symptoms, plus what my doctors had indicated. Yesterday when I realised that there were even more nodes than I thought I was just like... well, there's no doubt about it now.

Just out of curiosity, what did everybody think? I didn't ask at the time as I was so certain that I wasn't even bothered with reassuring seeking, but now I'm curious to know if everyone was looking at this the same way as me!

I'm not an expert on these things and I had no idea what other conditions it could have been, but I think anybody would have been inclined to think it was lymphoma. I was worried for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm not an expert on these things and I had no idea what other conditions it could have been, but I think anybody would have been inclined to think it was lymphoma. I was worried for you.
    Glad it wasn't just me being paranoid, I didn't think it was in this case!

Anyway I'm back to see the consultant in two months - or sooner if the nodes get bigger or more grow.

Hopefully by then he'll know what sort of viral thing we're dealing with, if it's that. As long as it's not HIV - which I don't think it can be as I had a clear HIV test eight weeks or so after the time I had unprotected sex. And the guy seems fine (as does the one since, and it wasn't unprotected with him anyway).
    Last edited by O_O; 06-03-20 at 15:27.

Brilliant news, so pleased to read it.
    I had read through your thread a couple of days ago but not commented. I didn’t think it was anything bad, I don’t know why but possibly because I’m a bit ignorant about lymph nodes. I’m so pleased for you.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thanks so much everyone  I just fell asleep for two hours as soon as I got home.

I was just so sure it had to be lymphoma. Not even in a HA way, just based on all these very convincing symptoms, plus what my doctors had indicated. Yesterday when I realised that there were even more nodes than I thought I was just like... well, there's no doubt about it now.

Just out of curiosity, what did everybody think? I didn't ask at the time as I was so certain that I wasn't even bothered with reassuring seeking, but now I'm curious to know if everyone was looking at this the same way as me!
    Well, great news and I'm not surprised as I didn't think you had lymphoma for 1 minute! Although there were raised nodes, there were no other typical symptoms.
    However, I do know people who sometimes have raised lymph nodes who have various autoimmune conditions ... the nodes appear then retract according to how their system is coping at the time.

Did you mention about the steroid treatment you had (related to your fertility issue), did he think there could be a connection?

I'm glad you will have a happy weekend

You're right about the submandibular glands, when they come up they can feel like marbles ... the one I had last year felt just like one and was not as big as I thought! It started to go down after about 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Well, great news and I'm not surprised as I didn't think you had lymphoma for 1 minute! Although there were raised nodes, there were no other typical symptoms.
    However, I do know people who sometimes have raised lymph nodes who have various autoimmune conditions ... the nodes appear then retract according to how their system is coping at the time.

Did you mention about the steroid treatment you had (related to your fertility issue), did he think there could be a connection?

You're right about the submandibular glands, when they come up they can feel like marbles ... the one I had last year felt just like one and was not as big as I thought! It started to go down after about 6 weeks.
    Yes, I mentioned the nodes came up around the time I started taking the immunosuppressant treatment, and he wasn't sure of a connection.

What it COULD be is that my immune system was so suppressed that it allowed me to catch some weird symptomless viral infection that made my nodes swell.

I've had the main submandibular lump for about five weeks now so hopefully it'll bugger off soon, as it's a bit uncomfortable. It also looks ugly!

Honestly, I was thinking lymphoma. This thread should be used as a benchmark for HA sufferers who fear cancer/lymphoma.

God I'm so happy for you!

I've read through this thread- but I'm so glad you got good news xx

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post

I felt the same. What was described and the presentation as well as the doctor's opinions affirmed it for me. I do think "something" is/was going on but not lymphoma or cancer based on my personal experience.

As KK said... TYS issued. Kudos on not getting totally sucked into the rabbit hole

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information