Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about lymphoma

Re: Worried about lymphoma

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    That's good news Shaun, I'm glad all was fine with you 🙂 I guess it goes to show that inexplicable swollen nodes can just be idiopathic sometimes. Hoping for a similar result in my case. I'm not feeling at all good about it, but... that's how everyone feels when they're anxious about their health. Just when it's you, you feel like you're unique. To me it just seems logically and statistically most likely to be lymphoma, and I also just sort of feel it, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.
    The waiting part is the worst, I know there is nothing anyone can say or do to make you feel different until you get the results, but try and keep yourself occupied as best as you can and if you ever do feel the anxiety getting too much just drop a message on the these boards, there is always someone online who will chat!

Something that has helped some of my nodes over the years has been heat, I always use a hot bottle 10-15 mins few times a day on them.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    My coworker's son who did have lymphoma had a lump right where the neck and shoulder meet.. she described it as a "fist" sticking out of his neck.
    Ah, well mine definitely doesn't seem like a fist at the moment - so that's something!

It seems strange that somebody would wait until their lymph node was that big before seeking help, though! I can't imagine it just grew to that size overnight - it must have been gradual? At some point I'd have thought it would only have been a couple of cm like mine.

Sometimes people are afraid to seek help, though. I neglected what I knew damned well was a skin cancer for half a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunRyder View Post
    The waiting part is the worst, I know there is nothing anyone can say or do to make you feel different until you get the results, but try and keep yourself occupied as best as you can and if you ever do feel the anxiety getting too much just drop a message on the these boards, there is always someone online who will chat!

Something that has helped some of my nodes over the years has been heat, I always use a hot bottle 10-15 mins few times a day on them.
    Thank you, yes, I keep checking the online portal for the results 😣

Although actually I don't feel too bad today. Better than yesterday. Maybe it's helped talking on here 🙂

It's certainly not like when I went fully mental two years ago, and every single moment of every single day for about six months was absolutely unbearable, beyond words. I just stayed in bed for six months, basically. I really, really hope I never return to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sometimes people are afraid to seek help, though. I neglected what I knew damned well was a skin cancer for half a decade.
    Yes, I can understand that. I hope you're ok now.

I'm glad that at least I've gone to the doctor pretty much straight away with this. I think the initial two weeks won't affect the outcome too much, if the results do turn out to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post

It seems strange that somebody would wait until their lymph node was that big before seeking help, though! I can't imagine it just grew to that size overnight - it must have been gradual?
    No, it grew fast.

That said, he's fine now.

I think the lump under my jaw is getting bigger. It is also feeling a bit tender again, which I guess is a good sign. Also, I'm feeling some pressure in my right ear (the same side as the lumps) which maybe means... there is some kind of sinus / ear infection? Hopefully?

I've cast my mind back a few weeks, and I did have some mild cold symptoms. I felt exhausted and had a slightly blocked nose. It wasn't that bad, though - I've certainly had far worse colds and ear infections and I've never had swollen nodes like this.

Something else weird - the skin on the back on my hands has become extremely dry. I noticed the skin felt rough and when I looked at it I thought they were covered in tiny white spots. Then I realised it was slightly dry/cracked skin. It doesn't itch or hurt or anything. It's just weird. I've never had anything like that before.

What's going on guys :'(

I've created a sort of timeline of events.

Late January / Early February - exhausted, some mild cold symptoms (slightly blocked nose), some stress over ongoing fertility problems following some tests.
    1st February-ish - not sure of exact date when I first noticed swollen node on neck because I was so supremely unconcerned that I barely registered what size it was or whether it was tender.
    10th February - first date that I know for sure I was like wtf is with this node, and also around the time the second one under my jaw started appearing and felt tender.
    14th February - went to doctor, neither node tender at this point, she thought they were reactive nodes but said they should start receding now so would have blood tests next week if not.
    18th February - nodes no better so had blood tests.
    19th February - weird dry skin on back of hands, some pressure in ear, node under jaw seems bigger and more tender, jaw on neck not tender and not sure if bigger but definitely not smaller.

I'm pretty bothered by all this.

How often are you feeling the nodes?

When I had mine I was constantly checking to see if they were better, they would stop being tender and sore but I'd go and irritate them and make them worse, lymph nodes can get bigger very very easily if they are irritated.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunRyder View Post
    How often are you feeling the nodes?

When I had mine I was constantly checking to see if they were better, they would stop being tender and sore but I'd go and irritate them and make them worse, lymph nodes can get bigger very very easily if they are irritated.
    I'm really barely touching them... and I didn't touch them for like a week and they still got massive. Ugh I hate this.

I know that when we get super focused on certain things with HA it can be extremely difficult to turn our minds off. Whether this will help or not, I don’t know. But my sister is currently battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. And her symptoms did not present with any of the things you’re describing. I’m not going to go into any details really as I know with myself, if I’m stressing over a particular disease/disorder, and I read symptoms, I miraculously develop said symptoms lol. But, It’s very possible they’re just reactive nodes left from a cold or whatever and sometimes they just take a crazy amount of time to get back to normal. Will send positive vibes your way!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information