Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about lymphoma

Re: Worried about lymphoma

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I know that when we get super focused on certain things with HA it can be extremely difficult to turn our minds off. Whether this will help or not, I don’t know. But my sister is currently battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. And her symptoms did not present with any of the things you’re describing. I’m not going to go into any details really as I know with myself, if I’m stressing over a particular disease/disorder, and I read symptoms, I miraculously develop said symptoms lol. But, It’s very possible they’re just reactive nodes left from a cold or whatever and sometimes they just take a crazy amount of time to get back to normal. Will send positive vibes your way!
    Thanks so much for commenting, Glass. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. How scary for you all. I really hope she's doing ok, and that you and your fam are doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I've created a sort of timeline of events.
    Doing so illustrates the rabbit hole you're digging for yourself. You did the same thing previously and its a very familiar pattern on the forum. I get that you're concerned but taking a step back from documenting everything will serve you better in the long run. Hopefully, what I'm saying will resonate and you can act on it and deprive the dragon some morsels of reassurance until you get the results.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Doing so illustrates the rabbit hole you're digging for yourself. You did the same thing previously and its a very familiar pattern on the forum. I get that you're concerned but taking a step back from documenting everything will serve you better in the long run. Hopefully, what I'm saying will resonate and you can act on it and deprive the dragon some morsels of reassurance until you get the results.

Positive thoughts
    Yes, you're right, I'm getting a bit obsessed. I just wish I knew what was going on, and I don't want it to be anything bad. I'm really hoping for just some sort of infection.

No itching / sweating / rashes yet, but the lumps definitely aren't getting smaller. They might even be getting bigger.

I'm functioning normally, at least. Going to work and acting like I always do. Comparatively, I don't feel too anxious - like, two years ago I couldn't eat, couldn't work, couldn't wash myself, couldn't even have a conversation. For six months! But right now I just ate a huge McDonald's (veggie) 🙂 So that's got to be good.

No urgent recall following the bloods either..?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No urgent recall following the bloods either..?
    Well, I don't know if my doctor even has the results yet. I had the test Tuesday afternoon... if I don't have the results today I'll call up tomorrow!

Thanks so much for commenting, Glass. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. How scary for you all. I really hope she's doing ok, and that you and your fam are doing ok.
    thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it! Unfortunately she’s had a pretty major setback this week so for now we just continue praying. They live about 14 hrs from me so it’s very difficult to not be able to be there as she goes through this. So much harder on her to be the one going through it though. Praying is all I can do so I’ll do it!

please try (I know it’s hard) to not worry too much. If your doc has done bloods and you’ve gotten the all clear (not sure if you have yet?).

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it! Unfortunately she’s had a pretty major setback this week so for now we just continue praying. They live about 14 hrs from me so it’s very difficult to not be able to be there as she goes through this. So much harder on her to be the one going through it though. Praying is all I can do so I’ll do it!

please try (I know it’s hard) to not worry too much. If your doc has done bloods and you’ve gotten the all clear (not sure if you have yet?).
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. What an awful, stressful time you must be having. I'll think of you and your sister.

I haven't had my blood results yet. It's hard to see through the fug of anxiety whether I'm being rational or not. On one hand, I don't really have any symptoms other than the lumps. On the other hand, I have the lumps! Two quite big ones on my neck which aren't going away! I really don't know what to think at the moment.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. What an awful, stressful time you must be having. I'll think of you and your sister.

I haven't had my blood results yet. It's hard to see through the fug of anxiety whether I'm being rational or not. On one hand, I don't really have any symptoms other than the lumps. On the other hand, I have the lumps! Two quite big ones on my neck which aren't going away! I really don't know what to think at the moment.
    i can definitely understand the stress and uncertainty. I deal with that when I have symptoms and not sure what’s causing them. As difficult as it is to “wait and see”, with the lack of any other symptoms I’m sure you’ll get your bloods back and all will be well!! They say not to stress until you have a definitive result - which I know is easier said than done sometimes. Just keep moving on with your days and try to distract yourself as best as possible. Will send positive thoughts your way!

I have my results. My doctor texted saying everything was normal.

I think my results look... ok. But to be honest I'm not entirely comforted. My white blood cell count was 5.6 (range 3.6 - 11). I've had my white blood cell count done on three other occasions throughout the course of my life, and it has always been above 7.

So to me, it looks as though my white blood cells are dropping. Coupled with the lumps, I'm a little concerned. I know my doctor won't have compared this result to my previous results - she'll just have seen it's in range and given it the ok.

I could really do with others' input here. Am I right to be concerned? Should I go back to my doctor?

At the very least I still have these big lumps, which aren't going anywhere, and I'm starting to feel a bit ill now. If nothing else, I must have an infection?

I'd really appreciate people's thoughts on what I should do now! Thanks guys.

If it were me, I truly wouldn’t be immediately concerned. If there were something sinister going on, your WBC would be WAY out of whack. You’re very much in the proper ranges. Many types of infections can cause lymphnodes to become reactive, many of which can’t be resolved with medication anyway. I would personally wait a week or two and see if the nodes go down. And definitely do not touch, poke, or prod at the nodes as that will just make them either swell more, or refuse to go back to normal size once the infection is done.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information