Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big blip at airport

Big blip at airport

Hi all x silly question but

I've really struggling with my heart rate. In the last few months I've gotten it down to a health 75 bpm which is good for me. Yet since last week it's been racing again, I haven't been nervous, sick or anything. From just knowing from testing it all the time in the pass it's been stuck at around 120 at rest and up to 140 ish while you and about. Today I was at the airport and I could truly feel it harming out of my chest- so the first time in forever I checked it. It was 184 bpm. I've been feeling rather short of breath and phycial exhausted also. It's come down to about 130 ish maybe Abit higher since but I feel very on edge on :/ I've been to the doctor before about my heart and she said it was all fine but I don't know how this can be fine

Re: Big blip at airport

Could you be slightly anaemic ?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    Hi all x silly question but

I've really struggling with my heart rate. In the last few months I've gotten it down to a health 75 bpm which is good for me. Yet since last week it's been racing again, I haven't been nervous, sick or anything. From just knowing from testing it all the time in the pass it's been stuck at around 120 at rest and up to 140 ish while you and about. Today I was at the airport and I could truly feel it harming out of my chest- so the first time in forever I checked it.
    When you say you got it down to 75bpm....when?

And define 'at rest'? When was your heart rate 120bpm at rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Could you be slightly anaemic ?
    Hi Carys, I don't think so x I had blood domes recently and the doctor said I'm lacking slightly in b12 and gave me tablets to take for it xx thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    When you say you got it down to 75bpm....when?

And define 'at rest'? When was your heart rate 120bpm at rest?
    It was down at 75 at rest for a few months, that's normally when I'm sitting down/laying down for longer periods of time and it's jumped up to 120 at rest all the time now. It been stuck at roughly 115 now most of the day and jumped up quite high again when I went out for a walk to try and calm myself. It's even been pouring when I wake up which is uncomfortable and it tended to be at it's slowlest then. Thank you for the reply Joe xx

Ok, so if you were able to stand back and have a think about things, what's different now compared with when your resting HR was 75? As it WAS 75, that means that your heart is naturally slowing down when given the chance.

I'm pretty sure a lot of this is down to constant adrenaline, constant anxiety and probably constant checking of your HR. Try and have a little mental twist here by reminding yourself that if you're anxious you're not at rest, you're just still and motionless. It's not the same thing. Somehow you need to find a way of calming the fight or flight response down, as that will keep your heart rate up as long as it's triggered.

I think Joe is absolutely 100 percent right, and was going to write something similar - because I have experienced exactly what you are talking about with heart rates. My heart rate goes down to under 70 bpm, maybe 65, when I'm relaxed, not thinking about it, not stressed etc. The moment I start moving and fretting about it, generally it sticks around 120 with any movement, and goes much higher with say climbing stairs. I've been in patterns where I fear it for days and the longer I fear it and even think about it, the longer it stays higher. People, can control their heart, some people can anyway and to be honest I KNOW I can make mine speed up hugely by even thinking 'oh my heart is racing...'. One day I could climb a hill (and I do walk a lot) and feel I can't breathe and my heart is hammering, the next day when I'm not thinking I can zip up and have perfectly acceptable heart rate.

Lacking B12 will cause worsening anxiety symptoms. A doctor told me this.

I'm like Cary's. There's hills all around us here so wherever we have to go it will involve climbing up a hill. On anxious days I let the fast heartrate bother me. On normal days I can zip up warm and have a good walk.

My only problem is I always get hot climbing hills, even in cold weather. Took dogs out at 3am last night for a walk. Was 3 degrees. I was freezing most of the time except walking up a big hill on the way back home. I had to take off my scalf and open up my jacket. Got in the house and I was burning. Did the same hill today carrying shopping bags and it didn't really bother me. Still had to open my jacket even though it's fk'ing freezing out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Ok, so if you were able to stand back and have a think about things, what's different now compared with when your resting HR was 75? As it WAS 75, that means that your heart is naturally slowing down when given the chance.

I'm pretty sure a lot of this is down to constant adrenaline, constant anxiety and probably constant checking of your HR. Try and have a little mental twist here by reminding yourself that if you're anxious you're not at rest, you're just still and motionless. It's not the same thing. Somehow you need to find a way of calming the fight or flight response down, as that will keep your heart rate up as long as it's triggered.
    Thank you for the reply Joe! You've made some really good points there- I was at the airport the day I had the episode to pick up my best friend who had come to visit me. While she was here and mainly when everyone went to sleep was still times of high heart rate or being hyperaware- I'm just trying not to think about it and carry on. It's nearly been a week and I'm still kicking about! J don't know what it's been since, I refuse to take it even when it was total pounding and racing . Trying to remind myself taking it only causes more and more fear/panic Thank you so much for the reply, you've really made some good points. I'll keep it all in my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I think Joe is absolutely 100 percent right, and was going to write something similar - because I have experienced exactly what you are talking about with heart rates. My heart rate goes down to under 70 bpm, maybe 65, when I'm relaxed, not thinking about it, not stressed etc. The moment I start moving and fretting about it, generally it sticks around 120 with any movement, and goes much higher with say climbing stairs. I've been in patterns where I fear it for days and the longer I fear it and even think about it, the longer it stays higher. People, can control their heart, some people can anyway and to be honest I KNOW I can make mine speed up hugely by even thinking 'oh my heart is racing...'. One day I could climb a hill (and I do walk a lot) and feel I can't breathe and my heart is hammering, the next day when I'm not thinking I can zip up and have perfectly acceptable heart rate.
    Thank you so much for reply Carys ! Yeah you've made some good points- like I could be going about my day fine and suddenly I think about my heart rate and it will start pounding since I became hyperaware of it. I'm trying to remind myself my heart's just working with the movement, that it's suppose to- it's just scary sometimes! I'm trying to retrain myself and my mind to not fear it since it's just natural ! Thank you so much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information