Thread: Eventful Morning

Eventful Morning

I’ve been sick with either a really bad cold or the flu since last Monday night. I took DayQuil for like 4 days straight and then switched to Robitussin chest and cough DM for the past 3 days. I’m also ok Prednisone because a few days in my airway got super tight and I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I normally eat a pretty good diet. I use super high quality supplements and they help me stay virtually IBS free. Well, I don’t know about you but when I’m sick I fall off my regular eating. I don’t normally eat gluten or bread, I’ve eaten so much bread this week. I normally avoid cheese. I’ve been doing a lot of that too. I haven’t been using my supplements like I normally do because I was worried that they wouldn’t mix well with the OTC and Prednisone I’ve been taking. This morning I woke up to the worst stomach pains of my life. Doubled over just pain. I couldn’t poop. I couldn’t pass gas. I was just in pain. My hubs made me a shake though with some probiotics and greens and I drank it with some eggs and tots he had also made. I then pooped. It was orange and so gross. The pain began to kinda fade but now it’s along my left side and I’m anxious about it. Is it dangerous to take all that OTC meds like i did? Did I mess up my stomach? I’m scared of it coming back

Re: Eventful Morning

I’m sure your problem has resolved by now but I just want to say I was in the same boat a couple weeks ago with all the different OTC meds. Tamiflu, Mucinex, alka seltzer cold, NyQuil at night. Was a mess, and I’m still having “looser” type bowel issues in the morning. I think it can take a bit for all that to get out of our systems when we take it for several days!!

Thread Information