Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Really frustrated at myself.....

Re: Really frustrated at myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Is this family dynamic normal for you? Arguments and third party death threats?
    Sadly yes and this is a lot calmer than my childhood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, this is probably 99.99% the reason for your anxiety, and something you might want to consider avoiding in the future as much as possible. Avoiding toxic family members does not make you a bad person.

You also have a solid reason for the anxiety. Anxiety comes from stress, and it sounds like you have been living with this stress for years. Eventually your central nervous system can't cope with it any more and the anxiety cycle starts. Actually knowing why it's there may help you rationalise it a bit more in the future too.

Ok, this is probably 99.99% the reason for your anxiety, and something you might want to consider avoiding in the future as much as possible. Avoiding toxic family members does not make you a bad person.

You also have a solid reason for the anxiety. Anxiety comes from stress, and it sounds like you have been living with this stress for years. Eventually your central nervous system can't cope with it any more and the anxiety cycle starts. Actually knowing why it's there may help you rationalise it a bit more in the future too.
    I had to move home for financial reasons and living alone wasn’t much good either I had one set of neighbours threaten to kill me took four years fighting the council to get rid of them and then the next lot robbed my house trashed my whole world so I left and moved back in with my mum. Then she got sick in 2018 and nearly died twice in front of me and had 12 blood transfusions and was in and out of hospital Haemorrhaging before having a five hour operation to save her life, then my other grandma died and I’m trying to do my degree and then my mum broke her leg and I was a career for her my alive grandma and grandpa with no one to help out. I haven’t got any friends any more because I became so isolated caring and now this. But yer perhaps my body had enough on the stress front that would make a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    I had to move home for financial reasons and living alone wasn’t much good either I had one set of neighbours threaten to kill me took four years fighting the council to get rid of them and then the next lot robbed my house trashed my whole world so I left and moved back in with my mum. Then she got sick in 2018 and nearly died twice in front of me and had 12 blood transfusions and was in and out of hospital Haemorrhaging before having a five hour operation to save her life, then my other grandma died and I’m trying to do my degree and then my mum broke her leg and I was a career for her my alive grandma and grandpa with no one to help out. I haven’t got any friends any more because I became so isolated caring and now this. But yer perhaps my body had enough on the stress front that would make a lot of sense

this laundry list of things is 100% where your HA and probably just anxiety in general is coming from. I’m so sorry, it sounds like you’ve been through quite a lot in a relatively short amount of time. I apologize that I haven’t read some of the other posts, have you tried any talk therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    this laundry list of things is 100% where your HA and probably just anxiety in general is coming from. I’m so sorry, it sounds like you’ve been through quite a lot in a relatively short amount of time. I apologize that I haven’t read some of the other posts, have you tried any talk therapy?
    Thanks for your message, I’m having extended cbt at the moment we have done ten sessions and been given another ten it’s really hard because my stupid head kept trying to convince me it wasn’t panic or anxiety so I’ve been quite paranoid perhaps I wasn’t able to use the cbt as well as I wanted and what we hadn’t realised was my safety behaviours were actually negative thoughts in my mind. Our minds are crafty! I had 12 weeks of counselling in the summer but I don’t think I was in the right place to do counselling because that’s when I was caring for my grandparents and my mum so it’s wasnt beneficial even though I completed it at the time. Going to refer myself for some counselling after all the cbt. I nearly paid for a private psychotherapist but I didn’t feel I needed one I know where it’s all come from I just really need to learn to let go and relax that’s my biggest challenge.
    And I managed to quit drinking in the midst of all this so just got to crack the puzzle somehow .
    Thank you again i appreciate your support

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    I'm really sorry you had to experience all this, and it does explain your anxiety now perfectly.

I hope you're able to find some comfort in the fact that you have an identifiable reason for the anxiety to be there, even though that reason is a long history of difficult situations you've had to endure.

Just had another panic in the middle of a cafe. I’m wondering why they are getting more intense and worse. I’m scared I’m broken and I’m just going to die. I’m not saying that to be dramatic as much as it seems I’m just feeling defeated

Having a tough day. Feel like I will be ok but doubt is creeping in. Not sure what to think or feel or how to get my focus back on track

Use distractions, do whatever you need to do to pay as little attention to what you're feeling as possible. Try and remember the more attention you pay to symptoms, the worse they get. It seems counter intuitive to try and ignore them, but that's what you need to do. Nothing will happen to you, it's just sensation.

Use distractions, do whatever you need to do to pay as little attention to what you're feeling as possible. Try and remember the more attention you pay to symptoms, the worse they get. It seems counter intuitive to try and ignore them, but that's what you need to do. Nothing will happen to you, it's just sensation.
    Thank you it escalated a bit I tried to go to the shop I got scared and felt panicky and frustrated at the situation I rushed home and lay on my bed and wrote 15 times “nothing bad is going to happen to you” I might try to something creative to take my mind off it. My mum is concerned she keeps asking me if I’m ok that’s making me worry a bit more but perhaps I have gone very quiet for fear! Really scared of unexpected life threatening situations happening to me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information