Thread: Worried about sepsis

Worried about sepsis

I have the flu and IÂ’m worried about sepsis. All my flu has basically been is bad aches. Tonight though my HR is 30bpm higher than normal and IÂ’m experiencing the worst back pain. Temp is 37.5. CanÂ’t let the fear go.

Re: Worried about sepsis

It's flu, it's horrible, it'll pass.

Are you taking any Tylenol or anything for your fever and discomfort? My flu fever lasted a full 7 days before finally breaking. I think from your last post you were diagnosed over the weekend maybe? So you’re getting close to the worst being over, just keep pushing fluids and resting!
    Last edited by glassgirlw; 20-02-20 at 11:17. Reason: Typo

People with sepsis don't go on to an internet forum, write a coherent post, wondering if they have sepsis. They're too ill to do it.

You are fine.

As someone whose wife died of sepsis ten years ago next month, I can tell you that you have not, repeat NOT, got it.

When your temperature hits 45 degrees and the hospital has you under a blanket with iced water flowing through it to try and lower your body temperature, get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    As someone whose wife died of sepsis ten years ago next month, I can tell you that you have not, repeat NOT, got it.

When your temperature hits 45 degrees and the hospital has you under a blanket with iced water flowing through it to try and lower your body temperature, get back to us.
    OMG that sounds awful. My condolences Pamplemousse on what must be a very painful anniversary coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    OMG that sounds awful. My condolences Pamplemousse on what must be a very painful anniversary coming up.
    Thank you Panicattacka, you're most kind.

It only gets a little easier with the passage of time; these days I don't find myself reliving the last five days of her life in living colour around the anniversary as I did for many years, but this year I have chosen to go to work on the anniversary rather than take the day off. I am fortunate to have a very understanding pair of team leaders who know how it has affected me in the past and so if I need to excuse myself if things get bad, there'll not be any issue.

Thread Information