Thread: New to Diazepam but how do you come off slowly with so few pills?

New to Diazepam but how do you come off slowly with so few pills?

I've recently been prescribed diazepam 2mg for extreme anxiety and as a muscle relaxant (with breathing difficulties).
    I'm reluctant to start using until I have a few questions answered.

How do you come off the pills slowly if you are only allowed a few pills (I have 14, one per day taken) ? And won't be renewing the script.
    Do you take one every other day to start then come off every 3 days then 4 days ?

My head is so muddled I didn't ask the Dr and can't cope with the maths.

The irony is this is supposed to help my tense muscles and breathlessness yet the list of warnings says don't take if you have breathing difficulties.
    I don't know if I stop breathing in my sleep etc. I've certainly been waking up alot in the night recently.
    The list of warnings scares me as I do not know if I have some of the ailments listed to avoid.

It just adds to my anxieties and muscle tension.

Any help appreciated.

Re: New to Diazepam but how do you come off slowly with so few pills?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissSleepy View Post
    How do you come off the pills slowly if you are only allowed a few pills (I have 14, one per day taken) ? And won't be renewing the script.
    Do you take one every other day to start then come off every 3 days then 4 days ?
    You are very unlikely to become dependent on diazepam that quickly, especially with such a small dose, so no need to taper off.

The irony is this is supposed to help my tense muscles and breathlessness yet the list of warnings says don't take if you have breathing difficulties.
    This might be an issue at high doses, but not at 2mg. But avoid alcohol while taking it as it can also affect breathing and there can be a synergistic effect at high doses.

The list of warnings scares me as I do not know if I have some of the ailments listed to avoid.
    Your body is well versed in how to handle diazepam. It is one of the naturally occurring benzodiazepines with small quantities found in all foods. Sprouted grains and potatoes are particularly rich in it and its metabolites.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    You are very unlikely to become dependent on diazepam that quickly, especially with such a small dose, so no need to taper off.

This might be an issue at high doses, but not at 2mg. But avoid alcohol while taking it as it can also affect breathing and there can be a synergistic effect at high doses.

Your body is well versed in how to handle diazepam. It is one of the naturally occurring benzodiazepines with small quantities found in all foods. Sprouted grains and potatoes are particularly rich in it and its metabolites.
    Yes, I agree, you have to be on high doses for at least 2 weeks to become dependent, you will be just fine

You won't addicted only taking them for 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post

I knew there was a reason I loved potatoes.

Thread Information