Thread: A bulge on the right side of the opening of the vagina

A bulge on the right side of the opening of the vagina

Ive had 2 children vaginally, one is 9 and one is 5. I am not sure how long ive had this but i think its been a while but ive lost all sense of rational thinking and in a high panic mode. Ive spoken to my mum about it and she says that the vagina is never the same after childbirth but its what feels like a small egg shaped soft lump on the right side of my vagina. Ive stupidly googled and it looks similar to a bartholin cyst, but isnt sore and its under the skin fold. I cant feel it when I stand up but when sitting on the toilet it protrudes out. Could this be a prolapsed muscle or something or more sinister. With very high health anxiety im trying to pluck up the courage to see the doctor but im petrified what it could be. Has anyone had anything similar? Im freaking out about it as I have a huge cancer fear and its made me go into panic mode and I had to cancel my therapy today because the panic took over :(

Re: A bulge on the right side of the opening of the vagina

Hi, it could be any number of benign lumps but you see your Dr if just to put your mind at rest.

Thanks, my tummy is just churning thinking about going :(

It may be a rectocele. I will tell you that a few years ago I had something similar. It was on the right side and did not hurt. I also assumed it was a bartholin. It may or may not have been. I did end up popping it (not recommended in the least) and it turned out to be something very different indeed. I will not get into here but it was not cancer or anything like that. It is an ongoing issue, but it is nothing that will kill me. I do, however, suggest that you get it checked out by a gyn. I went to my gyn, but even she could not figure it out. Another doctor, however did, once I began presenting with other symptoms.

I say all of this to assure you that it is likely a benign cause, but maybe something you should get checked out so you can move forward.

Thanks for replying to my post. I seen the Dr today and they said it was a bartholin cyst.

Did you find out what it was? I'm panicking over something kinda like that. Seems like my lump moves to different depths at different positions. Mine is hard though. I think it's been there for a while but only recently started poking around. I'm terrified now after google as usual. I have an apt in 2 weeks. I'm going to be a wreck until then :(

Quote Originally Posted by Heather1234 View Post
    Did you find out what it was? I'm panicking over something kinda like that. Seems like my lump moves to different depths at different positions. Mine is hard though. I think it's been there for a while but only recently started poking around. I'm terrified now after google as usual. I have an apt in 2 weeks. I'm going to be a wreck until then :(
    She said it was a Bartholin cyst 🙂

Heather1234 how did get on with it, mine had gone away for a week but then came back, I still have it, i think its blocked rather than a cyst as there is no head. The dr said to come back if it hadnt gone, but my mind is taking over and thinking if they remove it and do tests on it and its cancerous. Just cant shake the feeling, plus with this covid everything is on hold, i need to ring the drs for something else but I have a huge fear of the doctors :(

Thread Information