Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Line Therapy/NLP - Advice Please

Time Line Therapy/NLP - Advice Please

???
    Last edited by Pink Panic; 11-03-09 at 13:36.

Red face Re: Time Line Therapy/NLP - Advice Please

hi there pink panic, Although this sounds good value as opposed to some NLP practitioners i would be very careful
    Have just been to see supposedly "one of the best" highly recommended NLP practitioners at no 1 Harley st, and paid through the nose. He dropped names, was uncaring and u could c pound notes in his eyes! I could barely believe he was for real!!!!
    Don't want to sound negative and 6 hours is a good long time. ! only got an hour.
    Do you know though that instead of spending hard earned cash on a chance. You can get all the NLP stuff either free or at a reasonable price by downloading from the internet or by sending away for great NLP hypnosis CD's. Two of the best sites ever has to be Paul Mckenna's website which gives you a free 30 min trance download and lots of techniques. The trance is AMAZING and knocked me for six, i ordered his "i can make you Confident" cd's or tapes and recieved a huge amount of his time for just £30.
    Another site is Rapid transformations.com who will send u free just for price of p&p 3 NLP CD's!
    TFT the tapping technique can also be learned easily via the internet search on Google as can alot of other skills
    Have to say though good ole CBT is still the best ,Honest
    All the best Richie

Re: Time Line Therapy/NLP - Advice Please

Hi Richie,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I guess the bottom line is that when you desperately want an escape from anxiety you will go to any lengths and are willing even to spend lots of money looking for a cure.
    Many thanks for the info on NPL and I will certainly give the downloadble stuff a go.
    I have had some success with the Paul McKenna relaxation cd and am working my way through his book now.
    I would be very interested to hear in more detail how your appointment went if you have the time.
    As for myself I think that I am going to keep my money and perhaps try to get a private CBT Counsellor as the waiting list here is horrendous.

Many Thanks again,
    Pink

Hello Pink,

I think it is wrong for any therapist to offer block bookings. For example what would happen if you only required 2 session, but you booked and paid for 6 sessions. Do you get your funds back......

If you require more info, please feel free to P.M.

Take care

Carl

hi pink think u being sensible and looking tor CBT as oppossed to get well quick remedies
    had thought field therapy and time line. TFT is basically a tapping technique on the accupuncture points of the body, different places for different problems. Except needles are not used (good for all those with that phobia!)
    not saying it can't work but needs to be practiced all the time, by the way u have to do alot of humming as well!! Time line should help u to go back and see past mistakes which is a painful process ,idea is to (all therapists are different) but i had to first see mistake as a running movie in colour then visualise it drained of colour and instead black/white, after doing that u imagine a happy ending to your past disasters.
    NLP is all about visualisation rather than the real world , but is worth giving a go
    richie XX let me know hoe u are ?

Hi,

I've just been in touch with one of Paul Mckennas recommended NLP practicioners. She sounded lovely on the phone, very confident that she could help, then said it would be be 2 x 2 hour sessions at £250 each!

I know exactly where you are comign from Pink Panic, I just don't know whether to risk it or not, i'm so desperate to get over this!

Hi

Since posting re the therapy I have been to see a Psychiatrist who advised me that it all seems a bit "airy fairy" (his words!) and that a course of good old CBT would be the recommended course of action.
    Like you and everyone else on this site I'm desperate to get over this too and was willing to spend vast amounts of money on therapy but my Psych said that if Anxiety could be cured for say £500 then wouldn't everyone be saving up/borrowing/stealing the money to get therapy and be cured?

If you do decide to have the therapy I would be really interested in how it goes if you could let me know.

Take care
    Pink.

Pink Panic,

I have booked an NLP session for next week with a women that I have been getting Reiki & counselling from (she is also the leader at the support group I have been going to). I have only had 5 sessions with her, but within the first 5 mins of talking with her she managed to get to the crux of the matter straight away.

The point is that I do trust her, so that is why I am willing to pay £35 for an hr session & give it a try. She, thankfully, has not asked for a block booking, she just lets you book how many or how little sessions you want.

What I am trying to say is this: try, if you can, find someone who only charges per session as someone who only takes block bookings sounds a bit suspect.

If you like I will pm next Tuesday night after I have had this session and let you know what it is like?

Hi Panic Diva,

Thanks for the reply, yes I would be really interested in hearing how it goes for you.

The woman I was seeing was charging £50 an hour and she said that the only way for me to move forward was to have an intense breakthrough therapy which was 6 - 8 hours (£400), these sessions weren't over a few weeks but all on the one day and not a block booking. The thought of being in therapy for 8 hours non stop quite scared me as I know how draining therapy can be. Also the office that I saw her in was up 4 flights of steps and the room was quite grotty and the thought of being trapped in those surroundings all day didn't appeal to me either.
    After reseaching the subject for ages and looking for a Practitioner I still feel let down by the whole experience but maybe I just expected too much.

I'm still really interested in NLP and look forward to hearing about your experience next week. All the best.

Pink.

Dear Pink after wasting money on the NLP im now definately going to try to find a cbt therapist, after all it worked in the past for me many many years ago and i found it hard going but worth it in the end
    will let you know how i get on
    Love Richie x x x the hypnosis can still be good though and i'm still very interested in that with nlp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information