Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiance has bleeding

Fiance has bleeding

I'm absolutely beside myself. My fiance has rectal bleeding. They couldn't find any hemorrhoids so next step is a colonoscopy and they are throwing around the word cancer. This is our worst nightmare. He is the love of my life and we have an 11 week old baby. He asked me to stay calm so I'm acting like I'm fine but I'm spiraling out of control. Is there any possibility this is not cancer? I literally don't think I could live without him

Re: Fiance has bleeding

Oh yes loads of reasons that aren't cancer.

Could be something like diverticular disease.

Could still be piles that flare up sometimes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ok thank you. Even if they didn't see any? He wont give me any details other than there's blood. He cant get into see a doctor for 2 weeks and then they will schedule the procedure. I wish they could get him in sooner. I know he's scared but he wont talk to me about it.

How did they look for them?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

He didn't say. The only details I could get from him were that the bleeding was last night and this morning, at this moment it has stopped, it's never happened before, and he is seeing a doctor in 2 weeks. Then that doctor will schedule the procedure. I can't believe they make us wait this long when such a scary symptom is present.

Can you not ask him more details?

I get a lot of bleeding caused by IBS and piles. I mean a lot as well - literally dripping out of me

I think because he's scared he doesn't want to talk about it. I told him there's so many different things that could cause it and he said he knows and then shut down the conversation. So I guess I'm just going to follow his lead and pretend nothing is wrong since we cant do anything or find out anything for now. This guy is my whole world so I'm just praying it's a diet related issue and this is his wake up call to start taking care of himself. Not for me but for our son who needs his dad.

So apparently they examined him using a finger and couldn't find any piles. They also pushed on his belly a few times. He said the blood was bright red, and was separate from his stool. Still waiting for his doctor appointment so they can get him in for the procedure. We're trying really hard not to worry about it until we're told there's a reason to worry, but he hasn't felt well ever since. Can't tell if its anxiety or something really is wrong though.

I have hemorrhoids and they were found via colonoscopy. I also have a fissure that comes and goes. Both cause bright red blood. They didn’t feel mine with a finger either so I had a colonoscopy. Internal ones typically can’t be felt according to my doctor. Seeing blood is frightening but I really wouldn’t worry too much. I have had blood off and on for several years but it doesn’t worry me anymore.

Bright red blood indicates piles or a fissure - I’ve had bleeding since I was 13 and I’m 31 now! So try not to worry like I did as it sounds like it is just a fissure or piles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information