Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So many things going on!?

Re: So many things going on!?

Just read through the other posts in the thread and if your doctor has said about starvation mode then it sounds like you under eating by a lot, lowering your calories so low and starting a workout plan will course the weight to drop off really quickly in the first few weeks this is why you should always lower your calories gradually and never go to far into a defecit.

Period Issues?

I have had on and off irregular periods since I got mine when I was 12. It seems like once a year they just completely get thrown out of wack and will vanish for 1-3 months. my last period was in December. So I decided to go the Dr assuming she would just prescribe be birth control to regulate myself. However, she reminded me that since I am 20 they should be regular. I have been under a lot of stress with a new job the past few months and I was on a diet and lost about 16 pounds in a few weeks. She told me that losing weight only should have regulated me out and she told me she would like an ultrasound. ( which obviously has freaked me out ) I quit my stressful job yesterday for a new one and bam, my period came today. I called her to see if she still feels like an ultrasound is necessary and she told me yes and that she wants to make sure nothing else is going on. (Which has my mind worrying ) She had suspected PCOS when I had just talked to her in the first appointment. After researching this I am now convinced that she must be right and that this is going to take a huge toll on my health. I read that it can lead to infertility and now I feel devastated and have been crying. I know, I haven't even had an ultrasound and I am already doing this to myself. But waiting on that ultrasound is scaring me so bad. I told my boyfriend I should just cancel it and he told me I need to have it done to make sure its nothing life threatening going on. So my head goes to cancer automatically. I can't handle all of this anymore. I will spend my entire life worrying and never enjoy any of it.

There’s always something wrong

I have had issues with my periods randomly disappearing. ( I’m 20 ) I went and got an ultrasound yesterday ( internal and external ) I went back to the dr today and she told me that I had a normal ultrasound. However, she said that this does not rule out PCOS. She went into how diabetes can be linked with this and how it can be difficult to have kids. It really scared me. So she took blood to check my sugar and cholesterol which scares me enough. So even though I was told good news and that I had a normal ultrasound today I am now terrified. My temperature was also 96.6 today... the nurse didn’t say anything when it was this but why was it 2 degrees than normal!? Why didn’t they say anything about it!? I left the appointment feeling good that the ultrasound was normal without cysts Or anything else.. and now I am realizing something could still he wrong . I can’t handle this anymore. Now I am focused on my temperature being 96.6 and I read online that can point to diabetes too. Now my chest is feeling tight and hurting

Re: There’s always something wrong

That's an absolutely NORMAL temperature! I repeat... NORMAL!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am taking my blood pressure and for some reason my blood pressure is low.. which makes no sense because I am freaking out and mine is always a bit high. It’s going between 107/70 and 112/70. This is ridiculous and somehow my mind has convinced me that I have a blood clot or am about to have a heart attack. The dr listened to my heart earlier and they took all of my vitals and everything seemed pretty okay. I’m sure they would have told me if something wasn’t
    Last edited by UserName20; 22-02-20 at 03:15.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    I am taking my blood pressure and for some reason my blood pressure is low.. which makes no sense because I am freaking out and mine is always a bit high. It’s going between 107/70 and 112/70
    This is excellent blood pressure for your age and if you keep yourself fit, it should stay this way. Anxiety and stress can cause lower temps (although yours is fine), it's the same as mine and I haven't got diabetes!

My daughter has endometriosis, PCOS, one compromised Fallopian tube and she's pregnant! She's also coming up 35. We thought she may have trouble getting pregnant but voila, it happened. She also hasn't got diabetes and her periods have been all over the place since her late teens. She's always had a very optimistic view of life.

Please don't despair, everything will be fine

I am just at a loss.. I got called and my sr hasn’t looked at the blood test results yet, but my glucose is elevated...

I think the nurse said I’m at 108

Slightly elevated glucose

I called the doctor today to ask about my blood test results. The lady said the doctor was not in but that my glucose level was slightly elevated at 108. I didn’t eat before the test or anything.. my anxiety is so bad right now. I feel like I’m afraid to even eat anymore. I’m so terrified

Re: Slightly elevated glucose

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    I called the doctor today to ask about my blood test results. The lady said the doctor was not in but that my glucose level was slightly elevated at 108. I didn’t eat before the test or anything.. my anxiety is so bad right now. I feel like I’m afraid to even eat anymore. I’m so terrified
    I'm not a Dr but I would suggest this is reversible, by cutting out all sugar, drinking lots more water and getting more exercise. Also changing your diet to have more low fat protein, fruit and veggies and less carbohydrates.

Also talk to your Dr about your results, I'm sure he/she will have some positive suggestions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information