Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So many things going on!?

So many things going on!?

Hello. I’ve been on a diet for about three weeks to lose weight. I’ve been eating less and working out. I cut all caffeine. I’ve lost like 13 pounds in three weeks which scares me. I’m worried that there’s something wrong and it’s not just my effort to lose weights. I also have a pretty constant and daily headache. It’s not bad and I can ignore it but it’s just like a dull pressure in the left temple. I’ve been working a lot of overtime and I’m gone from my house 12 hours a day. I’m always on the run and feel as though I’m not getting the sleep I should. Without soda if I’m being honest I am not drinking enough either. I also am incredibly stressed with my job. My period has now disappeared and I have an appointment with a gyno/nurse practitioner tomorrow for my period being gone. I’m probably going to get routine blood tests tomorrow as well. I am so scared that something is going wrong. Do constant headaches usually point to a brain tumor? And even though I am purposely eating less and working out I’m scared that losing weight is another sign of cancer. I just can’t win. Something is wrong. I also know I need to get back on my paroxetine but I never hardly have time to make an appointment. I’m gone from 7 am till 7/7:30 pm.

Re: So many things going on!?

Whoa, slow down girl!!! You’re jumping straight to worse case scenario but there are soooo many things in your post that can cause headaches!

1) diet. Withdrawal from certain food groups (sugar for example) can cause headaches. Lack of certain vitamins and nutrients of you are cutting your diet too extremely can cause headaches.
    Even too big of a calorie deficit can cause headaches!

2) Dehydration. Soda ain’t gonna hydrate you. Get some water down your neck! Dehydration headaches are easily fixed!

3) Tiredness.

4) Stress.

They all cause headaches!!
    Then there is things like low iron count, vitamin D deficiency, needing to wear glasses, the common cold etc.

A brain tumour is waaaaaaay down at the bottom of the list of reasons for a sore head!

The issue with your periods could be stress related, or hormone related, or medication related. Probs completely unrelated to your other symptoms.

And well done on the weight loss!! 13lbs in the first 3 weeks is a good loss, and totally nothing to worry about! We generally lose weight faster in the first few weeks, then you’ll notice the weight loss start to slow down whilst everything evens itself out.
    You’ve worked hard for it, be proud of yourself!!!!

Totally agree with Lime - you tend to lose weight faster at the beginning, so well done and don't stress about it. I'm wondering if cutting caffeine out has caused the headache. I remember one morning I ran out of coffee and had a splitting headache all day, because I'm so hooked on caffeine. Stick with it though and it will pass (or so I'm told). Lack of sleep and stress probably aren't helping, and dehydration is classic for headaches. Try sparkling water if you like fizzy drinks, you can always add a splash of juice or a couple of slices of lemon. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Thank you both for your replies!! This job is really starting to stress me out and I know how much stress can do to a body. You’ve made very good points. I do need to be drinking more. I think my body must be going through a lot of changes with this diet. Since I’ve noticed I hasn’t been drinking much I also have not peed very much. 3-4 times a day only.

I’m scared my body is shutting down from this brain thing

I just went to the doctor. She wants an ultrasound 😢 I am beyond terrified now. I’m scared I have brain cancer and that it has spread to my ovaries or something. I need to go to another doctor about this constant headache. I’m down another 2 pounds. Something is wrong. I’m just going to stop dieting and trying to gain it all back

This time it’s real. Something is wrong. I don’t know what my next step is

You don't know yet that something is wrong. This is just your anxiety on overdrive.

I feel like I’m going to have a mental breakdown I can’t deal with all of this stress from work. I’m going to an interview right now and I’m stressed about that. My constant headache in the left part of my head is stressing me out. I need a brain mri or something. I don’t even feel thirsty anymore or anything. Like I have to force myself to eat. I told the dr what I’ve been eating and she told me my body is going to go into starvation mode

You need to try to get your anxiety under control.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information