Thread: Back again!!

Back again!!

Hi all
    Feeling real bad today. I have had an awful few weeks after ending up in hospital for ten days after taking an overdose, so please bare with me.
    My symptoms started around ten weeks ago with muscle twitching all over my body which I saw the gp about, and who worried me about mnd/als, and sent me into a spiral of fear and anxiety and then to hospital.
    I do have multiple sclerosis also and had an appointment with my neurologist about ms three weeks ago, so while there I told him my concerns, he examined me and told me he wasn't concerned at all and put the twitching down as benign.
    Moving on from that appointment, I have had muscle aches in my forearm and fingers feel stiff, I am still able to do all usual things but have to say I am really worried again about als/mnd. I'm not sure if I have muscle wasting or weakness either. I am so scared at this time and saw gp this morning who wasn't concerned. What happens first with als/mnd?
    Does the atrophy happen before weakness and then the twitching?? Really appreciate your help as feel I am sliding here with my anxiety.
    Thanks

Re: Back again!!

Sorry to hear about the OD.... Are you receiving help and counseling?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Fishmanpa
    Thanks for replying so quickly!! I really do appreciate that.
    I have started counselling and I go to Recovery College regarding my anxiety. I have only just started so not sure if it's helpful yet.
    I am just worried and working myself up into sheer panic as I type this to you!! The feeling in my forearm on the right and the fingers is still there, but today it's moved over to the left arm and fingers which concerns me!!
    My neurologist tried his best to reassure me by saying in his 30 years and seeing 30,000 + patients he has never seen a patient with both ms/als, but these arm issues have started since I saw him three weeks ago!! He said he was 100% certain I am OK and even put that in a letter!!
    I am still able to pick things up, and going round picking up heavy objects with thumb and index finger, standing on one leg, all the crazy shit that the anxiety brings with it!! I am just so scared and don't want to be, and don't want to end up in hospital again!! Please reply with your thoughts, I would really appreciate what you have to say!! Thanks

My thoughts are in the STICKY.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks Fishmanpa
    I have read through that, but there are still things that worry me!! I'm scared I'm going to lose the ability in my hands because of what I can feel, if that makes sense!! I don't know whether to contact my neurologist and ask him for more tests, because I'm that anxious and have already had a panic attack this morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1234icg View Post
    Hi all
    Feeling real bad today. I have had an awful few weeks after ending up in hospital for ten days after taking an overdose, so please bare with me.
    My symptoms started around ten weeks ago with muscle twitching all over my body which I saw the gp about, and who worried me about mnd/als, and sent me into a spiral of fear and anxiety and then to hospital.
    I do have multiple sclerosis also and had an appointment with my neurologist about ms three weeks ago, so while there I told him my concerns, he examined me and told me he wasn't concerned at all and put the twitching down as benign.
    Moving on from that appointment, I have had muscle aches in my forearm and fingers feel stiff, I am still able to do all usual things but have to say I am really worried again about als/mnd. I'm not sure if I have muscle wasting or weakness either. I am so scared at this time and saw gp this morning who wasn't concerned. What happens first with als/mnd?
    Does the atrophy happen before weakness and then the twitching?? Really appreciate your help as feel I am sliding here with my anxiety.
    Thanks
    Hi there

I’m not sure how much help I can be as I can currently suffering from this same fear and been in this rabbit hole for 14 months now . That’s how long I have been twitching and I am still fine . No weakness but that doesn’t stop me worrying lol

I just wanted to reach out to say you are not alone and I really think the doctor is correct I think your going to be just fine

I’ve been trying to go to the gym to take my mind off it and exercise definitely keeps my anxiety back from the front of my mind

I hope you Are okay and get through this , if you ever need to talk at any point feel free to message me

Hi
    Thank you so much for your reply and your kind words!!
    I would like that I could message you too.
    Many thanks

Thread Information