Thread: Social Anxiety Takeover

Social Anxiety Takeover

My anxiety has evolved over the years - the last couple have seen me riddled with social anxiety and a genuine fear of being free, open and close to people. I actively go into social settings with an internal fight of wanting to be myself and not appearing any different but I don’t want people to like me too much so I dull my personality - I mustn’t be too funny etc. It’s the worst feeling because I care so much and I wish I could be the best friend to everyone but I have overcompensated and juggled too much in the past and it’s overwhelmed me. I have this feeling that I will fail my friends if I try and take on more and more because I carry every woe and responsibility of others on my shoulders and I can’t actually cope (pathetic, huh?) so it’s best to keep distant. I share nothing in my life with friends, I don’t feel I have my own personality (I mould to my surroundings) or feel strong enough as a character to know how to act naturally where there is constant communication so it’s a waste of their time - I feel fraudulent. I’m also such a worrier, I feel a burden if I was actually real all the time. I don’t know why this has taken over so much but it’s always there. I can’t just be and I would do anything to just be me. Any guidance would be so so appreciated, I literally can’t turn to anyone because of my above reasons.

Re: Social Anxiety Takeover

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Social Anxiety Takeover

You can fight for it, instead of thinking of that try to divert attention, think and feel that makes you happy. Start with your hobby, what do you do with your family or friend on your spare time.

Thread Information