Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrush? .

Thrush? .

Hi

could someone help me please. I think I have thrush but I don’t have discharge. I’m so itchy around my vagina opening it’s driving me potty.

started off earlier yesterday just feeling a bit itchy, made the mistake of itching using toilet roll. Had a good wash yesterday. Just water and a flannel, like I do every evening. Itching has gotten worse and worse. Put sudocrem on before bed and it soothed it. Woke up at 5am and I feel like I could rip my skin off down there.

is this thrush? Only had it twice before but sure both times I had discharge too.

thanks
    x

Re: Thrush? .

It sounds like it, I don’t get discharge with it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn1985 View Post
    Hi

could someone help me please. I think I have thrush but I don’t have discharge. I’m so itchy around my vagina opening it’s driving me potty.

started off earlier yesterday just feeling a bit itchy, made the mistake of itching using toilet roll. Had a good wash yesterday. Just water and a flannel, like I do every evening. Itching has gotten worse and worse. Put sudocrem on before bed and it soothed it. Woke up at 5am and I feel like I could rip my skin off down there.

is this thrush? Only had it twice before but sure both times I had discharge too.

thanks
    x
    Sometimes thrush can be internal & external, or just internal or external. There isn't always discharge with thrush. Usually if it's on the outside there is a pink/red rash. A trip to the Dr would be beneficial as there are other conditions that cause itching as well eg dermatitis.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Sometimes thrush can be internal & external, or just internal or external. There isn't always discharge with thrush. Usually if it's on the outside there is a pink/red rash. A trip to the Dr would be beneficial as there are other conditions that cause itching as well eg dermatitis.
    its red down there and very sore all around the vagina opening. . I used a bath bomb during the week so thinking that may of coursed it. I don’t know. X

thanks scass xx

its red down there and very sore all around the vagina opening. . I used a bath bomb during the week so thinking that may of coursed it. I don’t know. X

thanks scass xx
    oooo perfumed bath bombs are a definte cause for thrush - you dont need to have discharge to have thrush - the itch says it all - I wouldnt use sudocrem on there though - canestan duo cream 2% is what you need - plus the tablet pessary you put up the vagina is the best treatment, works within 1-2 days, but you will feel a difference in 24 hours . If it does not get better in 5 days or you get a rash etc go to the Dr as could be a skin condition (but I think its thrush) x

Its horrible so good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending_story View Post
    oooo perfumed bath bombs are a definte cause for thrush - you dont need to have discharge to have thrush - the itch says it all - I wouldnt use sudocrem on there though - canestan duo cream 2% is what you need - plus the tablet pessary you put up the vagina is the best treatment, works within 1-2 days, but you will feel a difference in 24 hours . If it does not get better in 5 days or you get a rash etc go to the Dr as could be a skin condition (but I think its thrush) x

Its horrible so good luck
    Thank you. I purchased that kit and did the pesssry before bed, also been using the cream provided. Was so itchy still during the night and this morning but in the last hour or so it’s really calmed down! So oesssry must be working!

Ive always suffered with getting sore down there since a kid if i use the wrong products, these bath bombs are organic and I’ve used them before. I think I did put the bomb in and then get washed this time. Normally I get washed and then put the bomb in! X

Thank you. I purchased that kit and did the pesssry before bed, also been using the cream provided. Was so itchy still during the night and this morning but in the last hour or so it’s really calmed down! So oesssry must be working!

Ive always suffered with getting sore down there since a kid if i use the wrong products, these bath bombs are organic and I’ve used them before. I think I did put the bomb in and then get washed this time. Normally I get washed and then put the bomb in! X
    Yup makes two of us - I remember getting sore when I was a kid using a bar of soap OUCH!!!
    I can use a baby wipe believe it or not and I will still get thrush!

Also stick to one wash powder and softner that suits you and dont swap, this can cause thrush also oh and tight clothing...

I cant use bubble baths or salts etc.....next day its a flare up!

Glad the cream is working - I use the whole tube when I have a flare up LOL - Pessary's are brilliant as they 'coat everything' so to speak

p.s. just dont scratch lol

I did the pesssry three days ago and using the cream once a day after my bath. It’s still it bit sore and itchy. Is that normal? It’s definitely not as bad, it’s not waking me in the night anymore and the itching isn’t unbearable anymore x

I did the pesssry three days ago and using the cream once a day after my bath. It’s still it bit sore and itchy. Is that normal? It’s definitely not as bad, it’s not waking me in the night anymore and the itching isn’t unbearable anymore x
    I would use the cream three times a day to be honest, try showering if you can....

Its a good sign its got better, I would give it till the weekend and hopefully it will be gone - I have had it where I have had to use 2 pessary's before the infection went so it might be that if you still feel the same do another one in a week's time - is it red and inflamed (if you have noticed)?

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending_story View Post
    I would use the cream three times a day to be honest, try showering if you can....

Its a good sign its got better, I would give it till the weekend and hopefully it will be gone - I have had it where I have had to use 2 pessary's before the infection went so it might be that if you still feel the same do another one in a week's time - is it red and inflamed (if you have noticed)?
    Ok I’ll do that. It’s barely itched today only started a little in the last hour but I need to have a bath so I’m sure that’s not helping. ( our shower is broken unfortunately)

i habenr looked down there since it started to be honest, hate looking ha ha. It certainly doesn’t feel as sore today x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information