Thread: Lots of blood in spit in morning

Lots of blood in spit in morning

Hi guys,
    when I wake in the mornings I’m generally quite gunky in my mouth so I spit into the sink to clear it before brushing my teeth. Beginning of January I did this one day and there was a lot of blood. I’m not coughing or forcing anything just gently clearing my throat. Went docs and he noticed a few red dots in the roof of my mouth and put it down to those being sore and bleeding. The dots went within a few days and I didn’t think anymore of it.
    forward to Friday morning and when clearing my throat again there was a lot of blood. Very little phlegm, mostly blood. Cleared a couple of times and it stopped. Same on Saturday morning. In a huge panic since Friday morning, but have cleared my throat this morning and it’s clear!
    very confused and can’t quite make out where the blood is coming from. I don’t have sore throat, no cough, I dont feel like I’m clearing from my chest in the morning, just my throat.
    anyone had similar or have any ideas? The fact there’s a lot of blood and it’s bright red is scaring me but the fact it keeps stopping and starting is also strange.
    TIA

Re: Lots of blood in spit in morning

It could be less blood there then you think, a lot of times a little bit of blood can look like a lot but either way your gonna have to go back to the doctor for answers. You can try the doctor you already saw, a different doctor for a second opinion, a dentist or maybe even an ENT.

Thread Information