Thread: What triggers it?

What triggers it?

My anxiety comes and goes, sometimes I know why it comes...but other times it just arrives and i have no idea why. It's really playing me up this weekend and i don't know why.
    I have no appetite, feel on edge, anxious thoughts and i could just lay in bed all day.
    Maybe im tired? Stressed? Haven't eaten nice nutritious food this week, too much sugar?
    Do you know what triggers yours?
    Sarah x

Re: What triggers it?

Lack of sleep or poor sleep, stress, not having enough to do, news, illnesses, bad weather, noise, self loathing. Probably missed a few.

1) lack of sleep
    2) flashbacks
    3) stress
    4) crappy food

Stress, lack of distractions (I can’t just sit and watch TV for example, have to do something else at the same time lol), dehydration, lack of sleep. I’m sure there are others!

oh - also if I’m sick with a cold/flu virus that tends to set me off too.
    Last edited by glassgirlw; 24-02-20 at 00:10. Reason: Forgot one...

Anxiety is always triggered by stress, but it's important to realise stress comes in multiple forms both physical and mental.

Anxiety doesn't always appear directly as a result of immediate and identifiable stress, it could appear days or weeks later.

You need to treat anxiety holistically, making sure you do as much to look after yourself physically as mentally. That's the key to consistent and lasting recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Anxiety is always triggered by stress, but it's important to realise stress comes in multiple forms both physical and mental.

Anxiety doesn't always appear directly as a result of immediate and identifiable stress, it could appear days or weeks later.

You need to treat anxiety holistically, making sure you do as much to look after yourself physically as mentally. That's the key to consistent and lasting recovery.
    this is a great point, and so true. I’m overweight, heaviest I’ve ever been. I noticed when I’m dieting and eating much healthier my anxiety decreases. So hard to break a lifetime habit of eating poorly Will keep plugging away at it though!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    this is a great point, and so true. I’m overweight, heaviest I’ve ever been. I noticed when I’m dieting and eating much healthier my anxiety decreases. So hard to break a lifetime habit of eating poorly Will keep plugging away at it though!
    Something I learned is that digestion is very stressful on the body, and we have learned over the last 30-40 years that we should be eating every couple of hours, and this just isn't true. I was also guilty of eating the 'wrong' foods a lot too, and now I try and eat as much organic, raw fruits and veg as I possibly can. I bang on about this a lot, but it's SO important.

I'm not a saint, and I still eat crap sometimes, but 80% of what I eat would be considered inedible rabbit food to a lot of people, but you get used to it and eventually crave it.

Hi all, i haven't been eating well, too many late nights, university stress. Guess it all adds up and i think i hit the wall this weekend.
    Today i've bought some healthier foods, going to drink more water and get myself to bed early!

Yes to not having enough to do! I thought I was the only one who gets anxious when I’m not busy

Thread Information