View Poll Results: Are you lonely? How often and why?

Voters
328. You may not vote on this poll
  • I rarely feel lonely.

25 7.62%
  • I feel lonely some of the time but I can cope with it.

79 24.09%
  • I feel lonely most of the time but I can deal with it.

99 30.18%
  • I feel lonely very often and it really gets me down, I can't cope with it.

90 27.44%
  • My loneliness is so bad that I frequently feel I can't endure it for another second, it is a very serious problem for me.

32 9.76%
  • Other - please state if you wish.

3 0.91%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How many of us suffer from loneliness - and why? Poll.

Re: How many of us suffer from loneliness - and why? Poll.

Hi I'm new here........I've added you as a friend on facebook.....Jackie

2. Re: How many of us suffer from loneliness - and why? Poll.

I get lonely a lot, my partners at work 12 hours a day 5 days a week and I haven't been able to find steady work especially after having a bout of pneumonia back at the end of July/beginning of August.

Also most of my friends have gone home for the summer and London can be a very lonely place!

So I'm on my tod most of the time which used to be fine I used to enjoy my own company now because I'm alone I guess I just overthink things to do with my health anxiety.

same as u joshua, i used to be fine on my own but now i just there with nothing to do and over think my health anxiety, sometimes i get to the point of being so convinced i'm gonna die :( then i have to reach for the diazepam :(

Luckily my girlfriend is around most of the time so i feel better

I get lonely from time to time, especially when it seems everybody else is having so much fun or seems to have literally loads of freinds. I have a few close freinds but not really many aquaintances which I would like as sometimes I am desperate to go out more but just don't seem to know enough people to go anywhere with!

I really and truly hate being alone and it's certainly a contributer to feeling anx a lot, I wished so much I wasn't lonely. It seems so hard to find a companion when you suffer from anx :(

Something I've been doing more recently is finding forums on the Internet that cover things I'm interested in and looking for any social events being organised. For example, I like mountain biking and photography, and found forums on both where I've been able to go along to informal meet ups with people. Even if there aren't lasting friendships, it's a welcome distraction and keeps me occupied.

I know it can be very tough pushing yourself out the door though, but I've just forced myself to do it.

Next up is skiing. I've done trips with friends for some 9 years, but situations have changed and there's no one to go with. I'm determined to go though even if it's on my own. Crazy maybe, but plenty of people take trips on their own, and maybe meet people when there. Again have to force yourself to do it and look for activities to join in on when there. Anyway, I've done it before, but would be better if I can find people. Again there are forums where people arrange trips.

I clicked; I feel lonely very often and it really gets me down, I can't cope with it.

but its a mix of that and being able to cope with it.

Ive always been a bit of a loner, I struggle to make friends and I only feel comfortable one on one rather than with a group of friends as I struggle to speak up then.
    I dont mind my own company but I seriously miss having a friend.

I can honestly say I dont have a single friend, thats sad I feel.

I have a guy who I use to work with, I felt I could call him my friend before, but now (What with my anxiety, agoraphobia, P.A's and emetophobia its been yrs since Ive seen him, he asked me to meet up before but I couldnt face it.. so we've drifted. He texts me every once in a while but I dont feel we've anything in common really, Id feel uncomfortable even talking on the phone now, my shyness and being uncomfortable is through the roof.

If I could have one close friend who understood me and the way things are for me now Id be happy.. thats never going to happen though!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information