Thread: Why am I thinking like this?

Why am I thinking like this?

I posted a message a few days ago. I keep having this overwhelming feeling where I feel like i should kill myself to rid me of the way that I feel and my senses feel dulled, i.e i dont care about leaving loved ones etc. it comes in waves throughout the day and it doesnt last long but it leaves me feeling upset and panicky, and im out of my mind with worry that im going to kill myself. I dont feel suicidal its hard to explain. does anyone know what i mean or have a really lost the plot?

Re: Why am I thinking like this?

Hi beckssss

Depression changes the polarity of our thoughts, so we see everything in a negative way. Get some medication from your doctor - antidepressants do work, but need a little time to kick in, and keep reassuring yourself that you will get better, and that the way you are thinking now will eventually go away. I know when you feel depressed, you feel as though you are never going to get better, but like I said, that is the way of depression, you see everything in a negative way.

Tom

hi sweetie

When i was ill I used to get lots of thoughts of harming myself, and like you they scared me I didnt understand why I had these thoughts or why I would want to harm myself , the truth was I didnt , they were just silly little thoughts my imagination came up with, I never ever harmed myself or even came close to it , and I know many others who have had or are currently having the same thoughts .......... remember these are thoughts sweetie and if you try to distract yourself they do ease off ,

Hope this helps

Michelle
    But you try farting and see how much attention you get !!!

i know what you mean, i get similar thoughts sometimes if i'm struggling a lot. But everyone gets ups and downs and i think it's natural when things feel tough to not feel as much energy and enthusiasm for life in you as usual. But hang on in there, remember the good things in life and there will be a time when things feel better We are all here to help you through and try to work towards things which you think will make you happy, or do more things you enjoy.

Take care

Hoppi!

Hi Becks
    God what you have described is me in a nutshell at the mo, i keep having the thought 'suicide' float across my mind and like you think what if i did something. i have no intention of harming myself and kind of know i won't be the thoughts are terrifying.
    I'm on citalapram and really hoping they'll kick in soon...
    Jane x

Thread Information