Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immune system not working as it should

Re: Immune system not working as it should

So unfortunately it seems I do have the virus. The doctor ordered mr to stay at home and wait. I cant breathe properly and I am very tired. If I get even worse I need to get help. I think it's over unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    So unfortunately it seems I do have the virus. The doctor ordered mr to stay at home and wait. I cant breathe properly and I am very tired. If I get even worse I need to get help. I think it's over unfortunately.
    It's highly unlikely to be 'over'. I know three people with it who have very similar symptoms to you and they're recovering just fine.

It's really only the very old and/or already very sick who are really in mortal danger. You can discount the odd horror story you hear in the press, those anomalies could apply to any ailment or minor injury that turns into something terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It's highly unlikely to be 'over'. I know three people with it who have very similar symptoms to you and they're recovering just fine.
    Do you know how long it took them to feel beter again? I am avoiding any media/social media, but some of the news reach me anyway...

A couple of weeks at least.

Ankietyjoe, the people you know who have the virus. How old are they? Are they otherwise healthy? I avoid the news but the horror stories still manage to reach me. I told my family and friends to stop sending me any negative information about it, but some of them still slip.

On a positive note the person who probably infected me feels better. The symptoms were improving already for a few days, and as of today she feels like she's getting her strengths back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Ankietyjoe, the people you know who have the virus. How old are they? Are they otherwise healthy? I avoid the news but the horror stories still manage to reach me. I told my family and friends to stop sending me any negative information about it, but some of them still slip.

On a positive note the person who probably infected me feels better. The symptoms were improving already for a few days, and as of today she feels like she's getting her strengths back.
    One of them is in his early 40s and has ulcerative colitis, the other is in his early 50s and is fit, but has a terrible diet and drinks too much (although he wouldn't admit it).

But comparisons don't matter. The only thing that matters is keeping yourself calm and focusing on recovery. IF....you have it.

My condition is slowly improving. I am still very tired but my breathing difficulties seem to lessen. Today, the worst it has been was 5-6 out of 10. And in the morning it was 2 out of 10. I coughed a dry cough a few times but otherwise I have a feeling it's getting better.

I had a near panick attack yesterday night, but right now I'm doing ok. I'm getting my energy back. Today I was able to do some household chores, and I didnt have to sit down in between. Yay me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information