Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Abuse and anxiety

Re: Abuse and anxiety

Also, one more remark. You wrote in your first post that he helps you with your OCD rituals. Did you mean he helps you by challenging them, or by helping you perform them? The first is helping out, the latter is enabling.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have told my parents some of it, but it is difficult as my mum had a stroke a few years ago and often forgets things I tell her. If I told her what had happened prior to her illness she would have gone after him with a pitchfork! Me and my dad have a weird relationship, he is very generous but not a very emotionally supportive person, we argue quite a lot.

With the ocd, He does both to be honest. In my most recent therapy he was fully supportive after I discussed my weekly goals, for example not opening a cupboard door. If I wanted to he would say no that's against what your therapist said so we arent doing it, which I am always glad about. But if I pushed him on it or felt really uncomfortable he would check it with me, if that makes sense. He has always helped me in genuine ways to persevere with my anxiety issues. He even travelled to spain with me for a wedding despite having to take time from work he didnt really have. That's why it's hard for me because he really isnt a manipulative or controlling person and I dont think he wants to break me down. He has just gone into a very weird, aggressive, nasty zone because of his own mental health problems.

And thank you Joe I really do feel supported here x

Back to one of his Jekyl and Hyde swings today. Apparently I am a 'useless' C word because he has no clean shirts to wear today and then tried to forcefully throw a coin at me across the room. He missed, but if that had hit me in the face would have been a nasty injury. Sick of me 'moping about'. He was screaming and shouting. Why dont I go out anywhere and if I insist on being anxious and at home at least do the F'ing washing he says. It's like watching a film, like I cant believe I am in this with him. I can't believe how he doesn't see what he does is wrong even if I am off work. Oh and also said how did I end up with someone so pathetic who doesn't want to do anything with her life. It's all so untrue.

It’s awful, I’m so sorry.
    Do you ever think that he might be contributing to your anxiety?

Yeah I do. I feel like since we moved out I always feel on edge, which isnt very helpful when I have always had anxiety as it is. Hes made sure I never feel totally at home here and that I can be removed whenever he wants. And of course the threat of violence and aggression is always at the back of my mind. And the worst is he knows it. He knows he can raise his voice and say 'I'll go berserk if you dont end this conversation now'. So basically any issue or upset I have with him is now not even allowed to be discussed or there'll be consequences.

I'll say it again.... Please, for your physical safety, GET OUT OF THERE! Even if it's a motel or a women's shelter. And as suggested, call the police, get a restraining order to keep him away from you. What you're describing is frankly a dangerous situation. If need be, get a camera and record the behavior so you have evidence of the abuse.

Keeping you in....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Can you go to your parents, your brother's or your friend's house rightnow? Each minute you stay with him, you are allowing him to treat you worse and worse. Throwing an object at you is JUST AS BAD as hitting you with his fist or with a chair.

I, and others here can't stress it enough: YOU ARE IN DANGER. LEAVE THIS PLACE NOW.

You can come to pick your stuff later with a group of friends or your brother and your father.

Is there nobody that can come and help you get out? Do you have friends or family that can roll up with a vehicle that you can just pile all your belongings in?

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...lationship.htm

Hi, I hope you are alright. I found an excellent webpage for you. It's a British organisation supporting women in your position. Maybe you could give them a call?
    https://www.refuge.org.uk/get-help-n...ort-for-women/

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information