Just got back from GP as had some mid cycle spotting having only previously had it in the days before my period.
It was only one small pink streak after a BM but it sent me into panic. I’ve been charting my ovulation and I know I definitely ovulated the day before (temperature shift and positive ovulation stick)- so it could be ovulation spotting but I’m just really struggling to get any perspective on this.
I’m 40 and in the last 7 years have had 3 babies and breastfed them all for extended periods. Finishing on New Year’s Eve. So for the first time in ages I’m not pregnant or breastfeeding. Could this just be things getting back to normal ?? Before that I was on the pill so I have probably only had 9 periods in the last 10 years, so I have no ‘normal’.
The thing that petrifying is mid cycle bleeding can be linked to certain cancers. I’m up to date with smears. Ovarian C apparently only causes bleeding if it’s a rare type that produces oestrogen - i really am not displaying signs of unopposed oestrogen (I don’t have heavy periods or long periods or tender breasts), but I’m so scared about uterine cancer- especially the much rarer aggressive clear cell type (though I understand this is incredibly rare, as in my chance would be 1 in 285,000 for my age . I’m just loosing all perspective on it all.
I’ve just been to gp who I was hoping would tell me it was actually fairly common to spot after breastfeeding cessation at age 40 and that they they were more concerned about my mental health but alas it was a waste of time and I’ve been left feeling worse than before I went. She kept on saying she can’t rule out cancer, had given me no perspective but was able to confirm I didn’t have an ectropion. I just feel sick with worry I can’t think straight 😢😢😢