Thread: Low mood after anxiety?

Low mood after anxiety?

For the past 6 months I had bad general anxiety, finally came out of that 2 weeks ago but since then I've been left with a low mood. Almost depressed without any symptoms of depression. Maybe it's still just general anxiety and ive lost my fear of this sensation. I did do a depression screening test with my GP and no depression. It's kinda hard to describe this feeling, kind of you just no something isn't right, it's an uneasy sort of a feeling.

Did anyone else go through this?

Re: Low mood after anxiety?

Very common. Carry on with life as usual and let it pass. Don't read anything into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Very common. Carry on with life as usual and let it pass. Don't read anything into it.
    Really? What is it or what's the explanation behind it?

Just a low level form of depression. Depression and anxiety go hand in hand.

Like I said, try not to read anything into it......

Quote Originally Posted by nianxiousguy View Post
    Really? What is it or what's the explanation behind it?
    honestly it can take a good amount of time for anxiety to die down once it’s been flared up. Just because you think you’ve come to terms with it doesn’t mean it’s not still there simmering in the background. Try your best to put it out of your mind and continue on with your days, and it will be gone before you know it.

Not a sufferer BUT... having dealt with extended periods of extreme stress, what you describe is normal. Your body and mind take a beating when under stress so it only goes to follow you'll feel a bit beat up after a bout with stress and anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Almost a year on from this post, Anxiety symptoms all gone but this low mood is still here, It doesn't stop me, I work, workout do whatever I want but I notice this mood especially when I am by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nianxiousguy View Post
    Almost a year on from this post, Anxiety symptoms all gone but this low mood is still here, It doesn't stop me, I work, workout do whatever I want but I notice this mood especially when I am by myself.
    That's depression. I went through it after my illnesses. I still went to work and did my everyday things but lost pleasure and stopped doing things I enjoyed and had just a general 'blah' feeling. I recognized it, got some therapy and jump started the recovery with meds so I could focus on getting better.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information