Thread: CT urogram tomorrow - terrified of results

CT urogram tomorrow - terrified of results

My ct scan has finally come along and it's tomorrow morning to see why I still have mild kidney dilation. Of course no one's worried but me and I'm absolutely horrified to receive the results, because I doubt this is something like a stuck kidney stone because I don't have massive amounts of pain, but I have constant pelvic/low abd burning on my right side and I've had lower left back pain and spotting 4 days after my period this month, so my mind is not in a good place :( I'm obviously not scared of the procedure itself, but absolutely horrified of receiving that dreaded phone call within a day or a week - my gp gave me a few very strong anxiety pills, but that won't make the results any nicer now will it :( How does one cope with this, I'm afraid I'll chicken out all together and I know that's not the way to deal with this

Re: CT urogram tomorrow - terrified of results

I don't have much advice- I had a stressful wait after a CT scan on my kindeys due to a shadow and a few other issues a couple of years ago. I didn't handle it well, the biggest thing I'd say is no NOT look up scan and try and compare them to yours (this sounds so silly but I did it when I got a glance on the screen of my scan on the way out and I tried to compare. I was in a truly awful place at the time!) I just wanted to comment and send you lots of positive thoughts xx

Hi Sarah and thank you for the good thoughts, I absolutely bawled my eyes out yesterday night. I need to leave in an hour for the scan and I feel so numb. I'm going to try and take a pill of diazepam my gp gave me, but it just feels like judgement day arrived for me. All I can keep thinking is where is the cancer going to be - my renal tract, my ovary or my colon, or hey maybe all three knowing my luck :'( ugh I'm not exactly bouncing of the walls but just feel like my world is absolutely crumbling to bits

I'm in the waiting room now and I will admit the conclusion I have now is that benzos are overrated - I still feel nervous, my chest and jaw are tight, I don't want to do this and feel like this is the beginning of the end. I hate this :'(

My ct scan is now done and yep those meds did nothing for my anxiety lol I am now very terrified to hear the results unfortunately :(

Any updates x

Thread Information