Thread: Weird head sensations

Weird head sensations

Hi everyone..

This may sound like a weird one but I wonder if anyone can relate.
    I suffer from bad ocd and anxiety ..
    my biggest obsession is going mad, having schizophrenia or something so it’s only right my Symptoms can make me feel more concerned.

I get depersonalisation like a lot of you but I get this thing.. it’s a feeling like a split second almost feels lke my brain cuts out for a moment .. normally when I’m tired which I am atm, I feel shattered. And it’s almost like a second where I don’t feel connected ..
    But when I look back at it I get worried like I must be getting schizophrenia or something .. or something like that.

I do get dizzy spells like an off balance feeling. Which naturally isn’t there all the time and when I’m busy I don’t notice this..

I don’t think it’s brain zaps, I’m not sure Tbf ?!
    But my depersonalisation can make it worse because I’ll look back and feel like I’ve just shot through the day so fast and not really taken anythjnf in.. I’ve been present but not really.: if that makes any sense ..

Just wanted to see if anyone understands that or can understand what I’m feeling .. ? Or they’ve felt something similar ?

Re: Weird head sensations

Something you really, really need to work hard at is accepting that 'going mad' and schizophrenia are not related to anxiety in any way. There is no connection between them at all, and it's not possible for anxiety to turn into those things.

It's like worrying about a cold turning into a broken leg, they are so different.

Everything else you describe is 'normal' for anxiety and stress.

You need to break these mental connections you have made in your mind. You have made these connections without having idea about the ailments that worry you.

Re: Weird head sensations

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Something you really, really need to work hard at is accepting that 'going mad' and schizophrenia are not related to anxiety in any way. There is no connection between them at all, and it's not possible for anxiety to turn into those things.

It's like worrying about a cold turning into a broken leg, they are so different.

Everything else you describe is 'normal' for anxiety and stress.

You need to break these mental connections you have made in your mind. You have made these connections without having idea about the ailments that worry you.
    I have been working on it quite a lot but it was probably someone I know mentioning that they had read an article showing how ocd can turn into schizophrenia or the link is there.
    Which naturally has brought it up in my mind!

It’s not nice. I hate it. So I don’t want to be thinking anything like it.

Thread Information