Thread: Pelvic floor muscle tension - uti style symptoms

Pelvic floor muscle tension - uti style symptoms

3 weeks ago I began to have uti type symptoms, frequency, urgency, burning etc. I did two urine samples that were sent to the lab, both came back clear. I also went on 4 lots of antibiotics. On the last day of antibiotics, everything seemed to have cleared until I went to bed.
    I then noticed spasms in my pelvic area and cramps. I then started with the same sort of symptoms. I then wondered if this could all be muscle tension.
    I was highly stressed for the entirety of 2019 and had terrible shoulder pain and what I think is muscle spasms / tension in my throat. The throat symptoms scared me for a long time as I had a feeling of trouble swallowing, being strangled etc. I've now accepted after taking GERD meds and changing my lifestyle that this is all probably down to anxiety as once I'd convinced myself of this, it got 90 percent better.
    I've looked into overactive pelvic floor / pelvic tension and it seems to me that this could be the culprit esp as I hold so much tension elsewhere in the body and I felt physical spasms. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and knew how to relax the pelvic floor as it's starting to really affect my sleep.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Pelvic floor muscle tension - uti style symptoms

Hi x I suffered with pelvic tension in the past- what help me was doing this https://www.healthline.com/health/fi...loor-exercises
    It helped me work out and relax the muscle again!

Re: Pelvic floor muscle tension - uti style symptoms

Hi Sarah,
    Thanks so much for your message. I really appreciate it. I will take a look at the link and try the suggestions.

Thread Information