Thread: Bowel issues without much stomach pain at all.

Bowel issues without much stomach pain at all.

My bowel movements seem to be all over the place lately, suddenly a lot looser than before and have had a few bouts of diarrhoea. Itís been two weeks now and stomach is very noisy and active... yet thereís no pain! I know I should be glad, I just find it very odd, canít seem to find anyone else who has the IBS symptoms minus the stomach pain. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue? I start to worry that it isnít just IBS, otherwise Iíd have some form of stomach discomfort, I get the occasional indigestion feeling & thatís it.

Thanks

Re: Bowel issues without much stomach pain at all.

I don't get pains with my IBS

ďDon't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.Ē - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ah ok! Thanks for your reply Nicola, youíre the first person Iíve spoken to who says that!

Yeah I guess some of us just don't get the pains and some get loads.

ďDon't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.Ē - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    My bowel movements seem to be all over the place lately, suddenly a lot looser than before and have had a few bouts of diarrhoea. It’s been two weeks now and stomach is very noisy and active... yet there’s no pain! I know I should be glad, I just find it very odd, can’t seem to find anyone else who has the IBS symptoms minus the stomach pain. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue? I start to worry that it isn’t just IBS, otherwise I’d have some form of stomach discomfort, I get the occasional indigestion feeling & that’s it.

Thanks

I can get pretty terrible pains with my IBS but mainly that is if I eat fruit and perhaps too much sugar. The cramps and wind is pretty horrendous. I also have to be careful with certain veg.

But if I keep my diet free of those things, and also keep it low with fibre, then I don't get the pain but I do get the symptoms exactly as you describe. The noises can be embarrassing.

Pain is not a given for IBS.

hope that helps

When I get IBS (comes and goes in bouts) I don't always have pain either. Sometimes it's sharp, stabbing pain but other times it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    When I get IBS (comes and goes in bouts) I don't always have pain either. Sometimes it's sharp, stabbing pain but other times it's nothing.
    Are you able to identify triggers at all...? Sometimes that is very difficult as they aren't always consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibbler View Post
    Are you able to identify triggers at all...? Sometimes that is very difficult as they aren't always consistent.
    My main trigger is deep fried food, which I very rarely eat.

Other than that, it tends to be when I overdo raw vegetables, but that's getting better now as my digestion is getting used to it. Took months though.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    My main trigger is deep fried food, which I very rarely eat.

Other than that, it tends to be when I overdo raw vegetables, but that's getting better now as my digestion is getting used to it. Took months though.
    you are fortunate if you can recognise and adapt your diet to your needs. For me a lot of my IBS are anxiety issues and also my needed daily Bisoprolol does not help at all.

I rarely have pain with mine and when I do its very mild

Thread Information