Thread: Numb right thigh in pregnancy and freaking out over other stuff with husband :(

Numb right thigh in pregnancy and freaking out over other stuff with husband :(

Hi guys!

I am 27 weeks pregnant and yesterday I noticed the top of my right thigh is numb. I spoke to a doctor yesterday who said its most likely due to my uterus compressing a nerve but of course the brain weasels are out in force telling me it's something sinister. The skin feels really weird, kinda tight when I was walking. Definitely not a blood clot as its not hot/red or swollen. I wish I could just listen to what the doctor said and stop worrying about it.

Added to this, I am worrying about my husband. He's had a sore throat/cough/cold thing on and off for ages and his snoring is really bad. I am worried something is wrong with his throat. He has an under-active thyroid too so I always worry about that. I feel bad cause he suffers with anxiety too and I am projecting my anxiety onto him by always asking him about his symptoms and I need to stop! He has already said he will see the doctor about it but I can't stop thinking about it. I think deep down I know he is ok, but its my fear of losing him (I think that is the root of pretty my all my health anxiety if I am honest!)

Going to revisit some of the techniques I have learned through CBT but its so hard. Pregnancy has really set my health anxiety off again!

Thanks!

Re: Numb right thigh in pregnancy and freaking out over other stuff with husband :(

Hi snowflake,

I can’t offer much help but just wanted to say I totally relate to you saying the root of your health anxiety is about losing your husband as that’s the exact same for mine. If I’m not worrying about myself I’m worrying about him. It’s exhausting 😭

Your hormones will be all over the place with pregnancy so it’s understandable you’re feeling this way, I hope that it passes soon for you ☺️

Re: Numb right thigh in pregnancy and freaking out over other stuff with husband :(

Hi Cry,

Sorry for the slow reply. I agree it is exhausting and I too feel like I am either worrying and myself or him, constantly.

Hormones are too blame for a lot, especially my emotions and anxiety being all over the place.

I have booked to see my own GP about my leg numbness as its worrying me. When I rationalise it, it makes perfect sense what two doctors have already told me. I just can't let it go though. I am so worried its a tumour causing the numbness and not the pregnancy! I feel like my health anxiety ruins my pregnancy experience at times.

Thread Information