Thread: Worried about diabetes now

Worried about diabetes now

I'm a 28 year old male and can count on one hand the number of times I can remember ever sleeping through an entire night without waking up once because I had to go to the bathroom or because I heard some random sound. Most nights, I wake up 1-3 times to pee and there is the occasional night I might wake up 1 time to pee and wake up 4-5 times for no apparent reason and fall back asleep. I drink significantly more water during the day than the average person because of the health benefits and out of habit, not necessarily because I'm thirsty. I make a point to stop drinking fluids long before I go to bed, but that doesn't seem to help. I've been like this most if not all of my life, but started to get concerned about diabetes recently after posting about my sleep issues on a sleep forum and someone mentioned that I should get a blood test.

Re: Worried about diabetes now

What's up beq.

After reading your post I'm not seeing any reason to be concerned about diabetes honestly. You said yourself you drink more water then most people throughout the day. That will no dought cause the kidneys to have to push more water out in your urine. With the extra fluid intake, even if you stop drinking hours before bed there's a good chance you'll wake to urinate during the night. Especially if your a light sleeper, which it sounds like you are.

Take care

Re: Worried about diabetes now

Why not just get tested then you will know

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information