Thread: Am I having an early period?!

Am I having an early period?!

Hello ladies. So my last period was 7th Feb, lasted itsnormal length but was EXTREMELY heavy. I've always had heavy periods but thiswas even more heavier than usual. On Saturday morning (22nd) I felt a bit wetso went to the loo and saw a small drop of blood. I thought ok, I've had a dropor two of blood around ovulation in the past. However it lasted all day justgoing from pink to brown, then nothing, then brown, pink etc. This has beenhappening all week and it has been freaking me out. Today it has turned intowhat seems like an early period. Now when I usually begin my period it doesbegin like that in the days leading up to it, pink and brown before the red. Somespots have appeared on my face, I’m irritable, tired and extremely tearful butI do have very severe anxiety so I don’t know if it’s this or hormonal. I alsoget the achey feeling in my bottom that I’ve always had since I first startedmy periods. I’m 36 and I know that things do start to go a bit wacky with age. I’vealso been under extreme stress these past few months, found out my husband washaving an affair and also he got us into thousands of pounds of debt. I’m goingto book a doctors appointment tomorrow because my anxiety won’t stop unless Ido. Could this be just a freaky cycle, because all my anxious brain is tellingme is that it’s not normal and is going to be serious.

Re: Am I having an early period?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chica18 View Post
    Hello ladies. So my last period was 7th Feb, lasted itsnormal length but was EXTREMELY heavy. I've always had heavy periods but thiswas even more heavier than usual. On Saturday morning (22nd) I felt a bit wetso went to the loo and saw a small drop of blood. I thought ok, I've had a dropor two of blood around ovulation in the past. However it lasted all day justgoing from pink to brown, then nothing, then brown, pink etc. This has beenhappening all week and it has been freaking me out. Today it has turned intowhat seems like an early period. Now when I usually begin my period it doesbegin like that in the days leading up to it, pink and brown before the red. Somespots have appeared on my face, I’m irritable, tired and extremely tearful butI do have very severe anxiety so I don’t know if it’s this or hormonal. I alsoget the achey feeling in my bottom that I’ve always had since I first startedmy periods. I’m 36 and I know that things do start to go a bit wacky with age. I’vealso been under extreme stress these past few months, found out my husband washaving an affair and also he got us into thousands of pounds of debt. I’m goingto book a doctors appointment tomorrow because my anxiety won’t stop unless Ido. Could this be just a freaky cycle, because all my anxious brain is tellingme is that it’s not normal and is going to be serious.
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear you are foing through a bad time with things. Stress can upset your menstrual cycle. I know a few montha back I was a week early as I was under a lot of emotional stress. This can effect you hormones. Im sure all is ok x

Thread Information