Thread: DVT worry

DVT worry

Hi
    For the past week I have been bed bound due to anxiety, insomnia and antidepressant side effects. I have been getting up to go the loo and moving my legs around a lot. I now have an ache in one of my calves and I am panicking that I have developed a DVT due to reduced movement. There is no swelling or redness present or pain when I walk.

Re: DVT worry

I was the same after being in bed for a week with the flu. Exact same, pain in calves but usually only when I’d press on them. So I stopped pressing lol. Couple days after I was out of bed, the pain went away. I think you’re fine!

Re: DVT worry

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyed1 View Post
    Hi
    For the past week I have been bed bound due to anxiety, insomnia and antidepressant side effects. I have been getting up to go the loo and moving my legs around a lot. I now have an ache in one of my calves and I am panicking that I have developed a DVT due to reduced movement. There is no swelling or redness present or pain when I walk.
    Without going into too much personal details of my own, I have had DVT's and PE's and nothing you have mentioned sounds anything like a DVT - I am not suggesting that you dont keep an eye on it however DVT's normally present with hot to the touch on the area, redness and its terribly sore i.e. you would struggle to walk on your feet....

Hope you feeling better and the fear of DVT has calmed a little for you

Thread Information