First time posting here, so I’ll try to keep it simple. I’ve had anxiety and panic attacks for about 12 years, as far as I can tell I don’t necessarily have any triggers. I love to travel (local, 2-4 hour road trip type things) and usually do it for concerts or events, but my anxiety has really hindered it. I can’t count the amount of events I’ve missed because I get so anxious about a possible panic attack.

My anxiety is mostly centered around getting scared I WILL have a panic attack in an unfamiliar place and I won’t be able to get help, or something along those lines. I know anxiety doesn’t deal in logic so I can’t rationalize this idea. I don’t have anxiety re: actually traveling, more that once I’m out of my comfort zone I will have a full blown panic attack because like I said I don’t seem to have any triggers it’s completely at random.

I’m hoping someone has some tips for if and when I do get that panic attack and get totally in my head that I’m going to die in a strange state, etc. I know panic attacks don’t cause death but I’m sure everyone on here understands that it feels like that in the moment. Thanks in advance!!