Thread: Sinus trouble

Sinus trouble

Hi guys!
    Sorry to ask having really bad sinus pain in my face and behind my eye and given me a headache for three days. What is the best home remedies you can think of for this? Is it just steaming to help relieve the pressure or what else should I do?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sinus trouble

You can buy saline sprays as well which really helps me if I have those kinds of issues. You really have to 'get it up there' though.

I also find that sometimes I can hold my nose and (very) gently try and put pressure on my nostrils by blowing out that something gives a bit and relieves the pressure. Don't do it enough to pop your ears though.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    You can buy saline sprays as well which really helps me if I have those kinds of issues. You really have to 'get it up there' though.

I also find that sometimes I can hold my nose and (very) gently try and put pressure on my nostrils by blowing out that something gives a bit and relieves the pressure. Don't do it enough to pop your ears though.
    Thank you I’ll take a look.... I’ve always been wary of Nasel spray as I had one to help protect from a cold and it gave me rhinitis. But I wonder is the saline to encourage moisture in the sinus to help?

The reason I chose saline spray is that it's not medicated. I have used a standard nasal spray in the past and whilst they work, I did get terrible rebound congestion. As far as I know saline is used because it's sterile, whereas normal water has the potential to cause further infection.

The reason I chose saline spray is that it's not medicated. I have used a standard nasal spray in the past and whilst they work, I did get terrible rebound congestion. As far as I know saline is used because it's sterile, whereas normal water has the potential to cause further infection.
    Brill I’ll head to pharmacy from uni and get some xx

Before I can get there I bought a peppermint tea and inhaled the steam it keeps coming in waves not pleasant! Sinus problems are not fun

Try eucalyptus oil as well. A few drops in a bit bowl of steaming water can work wonders.

Try eucalyptus oil as well. A few drops in a bit bowl of steaming water can work wonders.
    Thank you just got home going to try steaming inhalation with olbas oil xx

Thread Information