Thread: hypomagnesium

hypomagnesium

anyone else been diagnosed with this? its truly awful and makes anxiety go into overdrive... Indigestion, pains in chesy , body stiffness and when they give me a transfusion it goes again in a week
    Drs are stumped

Re: hypomagnesium

any suggestions as now have chronic heartburn and nausea

Are you seeing an endocrinologist? If not that would be my suggestion as there are more then a few things that can cause and or contribute to
    hypomagnesemia. Are your other electrolytes in the normal range? It’s hard for the body to absorb magnesium and so if your taking supplements in addition to what your getting via IV you need to do your research on the best forms or ask your doctor for suggestions. There are some foods that provide a good source of magnesium like, bananas, leafy greens, whole grains, some fatty fish, avocados, dark chocolate, legumes etc.
    Last edited by Careful1; 02-03-20 at 05:38.

i am seeing my dr fornightly but im a very fussy eater, my calcium is normal and on 2 tabs a day to keep it there re docs advice, and potassium wavers, take meds once every 2 months, multiple ecgs over 3 months, all normal
    I also loose alot through my IBS

ps i eat lettuce like its going out of fashion, and i usually have very high conrolled bp but the last 2 days it is sitting around 95/55

Thread Information