Thread: Propranolol

Propranolol

Hiya all, doctor has prescribed me 10mg to take as and when.for physical symptoms I experience on my bad days for anxiety I've had these over a month and as of yet.... haven't felt the need to take one, until today I don't cope well being ill and feel quiet poorly today with either a bug or it could be I've forgotten to take my iron tablets for a few days... My anxiety is spiralling today as I've had such a good few weeks... Just wanted to know people's experiences xx

Re: Propranolol

Quote Originally Posted by Stronglady View Post
    Hiya all, doctor has prescribed me 10mg to take as and when.for physical symptoms I experience on my bad days for anxiety I've had these over a month and as of yet.... haven't felt the need to take one, until today I don't cope well being ill and feel quiet poorly today with either a bug or it could be I've forgotten to take my iron tablets for a few days... My anxiety is spiralling today as I've had such a good few weeks... Just wanted to know people's experiences xx
    I take 10mg 4 times a day, everyday. It really has helped take the edge off somewhat and I haven’t had a really bad panic attack outside of an extremely stressful situation but I managed for longer in that situation than I would of before. Been taking them about a year now.

I found them more effective after taking them a couple of weeks.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hiya, thanks for reply... As its just been given to take as and when, I'm just apprehensive about relying on it but I'm fed up of losing days to bloody anxiety and feeling rotten, doctor told me this med is great for getting rid of the physical symptoms and that's what I struggle with the most x

Hiya, thanks for reply... As its just been given to take as and when, I'm just apprehensive about relying on it but I'm fed up of losing days to bloody anxiety and feeling rotten, doctor told me this med is great for getting rid of the physical symptoms and that's what I struggle with the most x
    It is! I don’t see it as relying on it. It doesn’t change the mental side of things, you still have to put in the work to change the process it just helps not feel it physically (or at least not as much) I have diazepam to take in the event of a really bad attack and I feel the same way about that (and haven’t actually taken any yet) propranolol is not addictive and it honestly changed how comfortable I can be each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm just apprehensive about relying on it but I'm fed up of losing days to bloody anxiety and feeling rotten, doctor told me this med is great for getting rid of the physical symptoms and that's what I struggle with the most x
    Beta-blockers don't have a direct affect on anxiety in the way, say, benzodiazepines do. They block adrenaline receptors reducing the adrenaline surge of the flight-or-fight response. The most common side-effect is tiredness.

Thread Information